fron fawr holiday cottages, penrallt, pembrokeshire, wales
- Six family and pet friendly holiday cottages with 2-4 bedrooms that have been converted from traditional Welsh slate and stone barns into modern, contemporary accommodation in Boncath, Pembrokeshire. They have been awarded 4 and 5 stars by Visit Wales and pets are welcome in all cottages. All cottages have private, enclosed gardens and in addition there is a children's play area, shared hot tub, 48 acres of shared grounds and access to the nearby 5 star facilities at Clydey Cottages (5 miles drive away) including indoor heated pool, games room, softplay, complimentary children's club. Finally the sandy beaches of Cardigan Bay is just 5 miles away from Fron Fawr.
- Private, enclosed gardens with each cottage plus 48 acres of shared grounds and woodland to explore
- Shared outdoor hot tub
- Located just 5 miles from the Pembrokeshire Coast & Cardigan Bay
- Children's play area
- Competition sized Petanque (Boules) court
- Use of 5 star leisure facilities at Clydey Cottages just 5 miles away including: indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, games room, indoor soft play, outdoor & indoor hot tub, complimentary children's club
- Cook luxury frozen meals to purchase (from the Clydey site)
- Beauty treatments and holistic therapies available at the nearby Clydey Spa
- Fully equipped kitchens with full size electric oven with grill and ceramic hob, Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher, Microwave, Crockery, Pans, Cutlery, Glasses and Utensils, Children's Plastic Plates, Bowls & Cutlery.
- Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer in all cottages.
- Log Burning Stoves in Glyndwr and Ty Hen, with complimentary logs, kindling and matches
- Hair-Dryer, Flat Screen TV (at least 1, some cottages have more) with inclusive freeview channels, DVD Player.
- Complimentary wifi
- Aneirin Cottage (2 bedrooms, pets welcome) - A 5 star 2 bedroom cottage with fantastic views across the hills and fields of North Pembrokeshire, with it's own private parking and entrance. Both bedrooms are upstairs, the master bedroom having an ensuite bathroom. Downstairs there is a fantastic, open plan living area, well-equipped kitchen, dining room and shower room with WC.
- Taliesin Cottage (3 bedrooms, pets welcome) - A traditional stone and slate cottage, private enclosed garden and patio and lovely views over the North Pembrokeshire countryside through the sitting patio doors. The cottage sleeps up to 5 people in 2 upstairs bedrooms – a kingsize bedroom and a bunkbed room and a single bedroom downstairs that may be suitable for a grandparent as there is also a fully tiled shower room downstairs with underfloor heating. The well equipped kitchen also has a dishwasher, fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Madog Cottage (3 bedrooms, pets welcome) - A delightful, mid-terrace cottage with three bedrooms, private enclosed garden and patio. All 3 bedrooms are upstairs and can accommodate up to 5 people comfortably in a kingsize bedroom, a single bedroom and a bunkbed room. The bathroom is downstairs with underfloor heating and rainfall shower over the bath.
- Myrddin Cottage (3 bedrooms, pets welcome)- A traditional stone and slate cottage, private enclosed garden and patio. All 3 bedrooms are upstairs and can comfortably accommodate 5 people in a kingsize bedroom, a bunkbed room and a small double bedroom. The bathroom is downstairs with underfloor heating and rainfall shower over the bath.
- Glyndwr Cottage (4 bedrooms, pets welcome) - A large, spacious cottage offering excellent accommodation for up to 8 people and ideal for two families to share. Downstairs is split level and open plan with a large dining kitchen with range oven leading to the sitting room with wood burning stove. There is a shower room with WC upstairs, a bathroom downstairs with WC and underfloor heating and a separate WC.
- Ty Hen (4 bedrooms, pets welcome) - The original, spacious large farmhouse with private garden sleeping up to 6 + infants. The master bedroom has a superking bed and an ensuite shower room with underfloor heating. There is also a family bathroom with rainfall shower over the bath and underfloor heating and an additional WC downstairs. There is a large spacious kitchen with range oven, separate dining room with a wood burning stove and large sitting room also with a wood burning stove.
- There is one article from our holiday blog that you might find useful as it holds lots of information about where to visit & what to do in Pembrokeshire - Is Pembrokeshire the secret family holiday destination in the UK that we have all missed? Perhaps it is not so secret now but certainly it is a great alternative to Cornwall - find out why. Family holidays in Pembrokeshire are hard to beat- there is something for everyone. Oakwood theme park, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Blue Lagoon at Bluestone, Folly Farm, Caldey Island ... are you hooked yet? Then read on ...
- Click here to check availability of all Clydey Holiday Cottages in Pembrokeshire
- Please send us a review of these dog friendly holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 3 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.3 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 4 out of 5
- Excellent family friendly cottages with perfect facilities for families with little ones. Our daughter enjoyed the room to toddle about in the cottage, the play areas on site and those available at clydey cottages just a short journey away. We had a great week, plenty to do around and about. Would highly recommend. The Hall family, Rating 4 out of 5, Oct 2014.
- We stayed at the Fron Fawr site attached to Clydey Cottages in June 2013. Overall it was a brilliant holiday, both for us and our 16 month old son. The Fron Fawr cottages are about 10minutes drive from the main site. It is very peaceful and a beautiful setting. The cottage had three bedrooms but the downstairs was small and really wouldn't have been suitable fir more than four at the most. It was well kitted out but overall parts looked a little tired and some updating would be good. This was the same for the outside kids play area and toys which all looked very old. The same however cannot be said for the Clydey site that we visited frequently. The place is immaculate and so well thought out. Frozen Cook meals so you can have a 'night out' in your cottage and a brilliant DVD collection for young and old. The soft play and swimming pool were brilliant. There were so many toys our son looked quite confused! Sky sports in the soft play kept my husband happy! The highlight has to be the animal feeding with Farmer Malcolm. We couldn't attend till later in the week but on meeting Malcolm on route to the animals he greater our son by name before we introduced ourselves. It is done brilliantly as all the children can feed safely out of bowls or off forks. Our son loves animals and the smile on his face made our holiday. Malcolm knew each child by name and was just brilliant with them. The staff at Clydey were lovely and really made an effort to make you feel at home and that nothing was any trouble for them. I feel for the Clydey site it is a five star and if we can come back then we would definitely stay there so everything was on site.Rating 4 out of 5, Izzy, Jun 2013.
- We had a fantastic holiday. We stayed at the other site - Fron Fawr. It was cheaper and quieter which suited us....and it was closer to the beach. We used the facilities at Clydey every day as it was such a short drive. Our daughter loved the facilities and farm animals. The indoor play area is amazing and has sofas, free hot drinks and magazines for adults so is a great relaxing area for parents whilst your children have the best fun! A superb family friendly holiday. Every little detail has been thought about. Excellent! Rating 5 out of 5, Helen, May 2012.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (WA036) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8
2 to 4
1 to 3
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Reception on 01239 698619, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Features at these dog friendly holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire include:
Facilities & equipment available at each self-catering holiday cottage include:
Cottages at Fron Fawr in Pembrokeshire
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these holiday cottages.