6 bedroom farmhouse, ideal for large group holidays in Wales
Relax by the wood burning stove
Fully equipped kitchen making self catering easy
Plenty of space for the whole group to dine together
A comfy, spacious lounge that oozes farmhouse charm
Double bedroom - one of 6 bedrooms in total
A further double bedroom, the farmhouse sleeps 12
A twin bedroom, ideal for children or grandparents in the group
Separate games room to hang out in with TV
Enjoy the outside on your enclosed terrace
Calffield farmhouse, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, west Wales
upper calffield farmhouse, near haverfordwest, pembrokeshire, wales
- Upper Calffield is an exceptional detached stone farmhouse set in the beautiful Pembrokeshire countryside, 2 miles from the spectacular coastal paths. Located in the village of Camrose and only 2½ miles from the county town of Haverfordwest, this extremely spacious six bedroom holiday home stands in seven acres of grounds including a pretty cottage garden, paddocks (home to four Shetland ponies) and woodland with surrounding views of countryside and the Preselli Mountains. The house is full of traditional features but has been tastefully modernised to high standards of comfort. The 2-mile sandy beach of Newgale with surfing and beach activities from sandcastles to wind karting is 5 miles from the farm. The village pub is close by and serves real ales and pub food.
- Entrance to the property is via an oak door into the entrance porch with coat hooks and two natural beech benches. The very large living room oozes character with exposed beams, natural stone walls and two sitting areas, each with an antique wood-burning stove as their focal point. There are two big comfortable sofas and four armchairs, coffee tables and occasional furniture. The house is wifi enabled. The village pub is close by and serves real ales and pub food. The property is suitable for large group holidays all year round, cosy in winter and glorious in summer. The house and grounds are ideally suited to a large party. Shop 2 miles, pub 500 yards.
- Spacious living room with two wood-burning stoves, exposed beams and natural stone walls. Two wood-burning stoves - initial fuel inc, thereafter available at cost.
- Spacious dining room with kitchen area, electric range (for cooking), slate floor and patio doors. Utility. Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher, American fridge freezer, washing machine & tumble dryer.
- Double bedroom with zip and link beds.
- Single bedroom with 2ft 6in bed (for +1 child).
- Shower room with toilet.
- First floor: Double bedroom with 5ft bed, dressing area and en-suite shower room and toilet.
- Three further double bedrooms, one with 4ft bed (for 1+1).
- Bathroom with separate walk-in shower and toilet.
- Elec, full oil Central Heating, bed linen and towels inc
- Travel cot, highchair
- Freeview TV, DVD, CD, wifi internet access
- 7-acre garden and paddocks (home to owner’s Shetland ponies) with patio, terrace and furniture, BBQ
- Ample parking, Secure cycle store
- Welcome pack
- Pets welcome free of charge
- No smoking
- There is one article from our holiday blog that you might find useful as it holds lots of information about where to visit & what to do in Pembrokeshire - Is Pembrokeshire the secret family holiday destination in the UK that we have all missed? Perhaps it is not so secret now but certainly it is a great alternative to Cornwall - find out why. Family holidays in Pembrokeshire are hard to beat- there is something for everyone. Oakwood theme park, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Blue Lagoon at Bluestone, Folly Farm, Caldey Island ... are you hooked yet? Then read on ...
- Please send us a review of this large group holiday home in Haverfordwest, Wales by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Fantastic house and we had a great holiday there. Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Lovely place well equipped with tasteful décor, but the location was its no 1 attribute. Rating 4 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Lovely old house with modern facilities. Tastefully decorated - it feels cared for. Comfortable beds and plenty of kitchen equipment, games and books. Delightful sheltered garden with plenty of seats. Elderly need to take care on uneven floor by front door. You don't really need to go out but there are so many good places nearby - beaches, surfing, hills, castles. A good home from home for a mixed age group. .. Lesley, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (WA022) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
|not yet||£978-£2,189/wk short breaks|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|