clydey holiday cottages, penrallt, pembrokshire, wales
- Luxury 5 star holiday cottages in Boncath, Pembrokeshire - Clydey Cottages are special. With ten luxury self catering cottages set within 20 acres of grounds to explore. Nestled amongst the North Pembrokeshire countryside and on the borders of Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion, with stunning views over meadows, hills and woodlands. They take your breath away.
- At Clydey, the charm and character of old Pembrokeshire farm buildings has been retained with wooden beams, log burning fires and a mixture of contemporary and traditional furnishings. The 20 acres of shared grounds include landscaped lawns, wild flower meadows, a woodland walk, animals to feed and play areas, as well as the 5 star leisure facilities. Key features: 10 Cottages offering 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms; Graded 4 and 5 Star by Visit Wales; Complimentary Children's Club; Spa Treatments; Heated indoor swimming pool; Sauna; Games Room; Indoor Soft Play; Outdoor and Indoor Hot-Tubs; just 20 minutes from the beach. Luxury 5 star self catering holiday cottages with swimming pool, Boncath, Pembrokeshire, Wales
- Complimentary Children's Club - supervised play service;
- Cosy Cottages with Real Log Fires;
- Indoor Heated Swimming Pool; Sauna; Outdoor and Indoor Hot-Tubs;
- Games Room; DVD Library;
- Indoor Soft Play;
- Woodland Walks;
- Daily Animal Feeding and Egg Collecting
- Forest School
- COOK luxury frozen meals to purchase from our onsite freezers
- Spa treatment room for holistic and beauty therapies
- In addition, Clydey Cottages won the 'Best Place to Stay in Wales' in the National Tourism Awards 2010 - 2015; Pembrokeshire Tourism award for best non serviced accommodation (Self Catering !) in 2009 - 2015.
- Fully equipped kitchens with full size electric oven with grill and ceramic hob, Fridge Freezer, Dishwasher, Microwave, Crockery, Pans, Cutlery, Glasses, Utensils and Children's Plastic Plates, Bowls & Cutlery.
- Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer in The Farmhouse & Tansy Cottage - all other cottages at Clydey use a shared laundry which is open 24hrs.
- Log Burning Stoves in all cottages, with complimentary logs, kindling & matches
- Hair-Dryer, Flat screen TV (at least 1, some cottages have more) with inclusive freeview channels, DVD Player.
- Complimentary wifi
- Wifi enabled telephones in all cottages (extra charges apply)
- Ivy Cottage (1 bedroom) - a wonderfully romantic little one bedroom stone Cottage, attached to the main Farmhouse, with wooden beams throughout and magnificent views over the far reaching countryside, hills and woodland. Bathroom with under floor heating, luxurious slipper bath and separate shower cubicle.
- Lavender Cottage (1 bedroom) - A pretty, cosy, one bedroom stone cottage, with wooden beams throughout, comfortable open plan sitting/dining room and an inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove. Bathroom with underfloor heating and rainfall shower over bath.
- Foxglove Cottage (1 bedroom) - A pretty, one bedroom stone cottage, with wooden beams throughout, comfortable open plan sitting/dining room with inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove. Foxglove Cottage only has a shower (no bath) but we can provide baby baths if required.
- Tansy Cottage (2 bedrooms, accessible) - is our most spacious and luxurious two bedroom cottage, with wooden beams throughout, stepping out onto and overlooking the meadow and front lawns. Now with new luxury double ended slipper bath bathroom upstairs, with underfloor heating. Wheelchair friendly with all principal rooms on one level, leisure club is also accessible. Tansy Cottage also has an ensuite shower room from the downstairs bedroom.
- Heather Cottage (2 bedrooms) - A romantic stone built, two bed Cottage, with wooden beams throughout and opening out onto and overlooking the front lawns. Both bedrooms are upstairs, the master bedroom having a superking bed and the second bedroom having a kingsize bed or two small single beds. The recently refurbished bathroom is downstairs with underfloor heating and rainfall shower over bath.
- Snowdrop Cottage (2 bedrooms) - A delightful and very comfortably furnished, two bed stone Cottage, with wooden beams throughout. One bedroom is upstairs with a kingsize bed or two small twin beds and the downstairs bedroom has a superking bed or twin single beds.
- Jasmine Cottage (2 bedrooms) - A pretty and very comfortable, two bed stone built cottage, with attractive open plan sitting/dining room, feature fireplace with wood burning stove and fitted kitchen area. One bedroom is upstairs and one bedroom downstairs, both having either a superking size bed or twin single beds. The bathroom has underfloor heating and rainfall shower over the bath.
- Honeysuckle Cottage (3 bedrooms) - This is one of the larger, family cottages with three bedrooms, all upstairs and a spacious open plan downstairs. The bathroom has underfloor heating and rainfall shower over the bath.
- Bramble Cottage (3 bedrooms) - This is one of the larger, three bedroom family cottages offering spacious and comfortable accommodation and magnificent views over far reaching countryside. All bedrooms are upstairs with views over the front lawns. The bathroom is also upstairs with underfloor heating and rainfall shower over the bath.
- The Farmhouse (4 bedrooms) - Sleeping up to 8, this is a large, spacious and very comfortable, four bed stone built farmhouse. The master bedroom has a superking bed and an ensuite bathroom with underfloor heating and rainfall shower over the bath. The main family bathroom is upstairs with underfloor heating and a double ended slipper bath. There is an additional shower room downstairs and WC. The Farmhouse also has a private enclosed garden with private hot-tub and private car-park.
- There is one article from our holiday blog that you might find useful as it holds lots of information about where to visit & what to do in Pembrokeshire - Is Pembrokeshire the secret family holiday destination in the UK that we have all missed? Perhaps it is not so secret now but certainly it is a great alternative to Cornwall - find out why. Family holidays in Pembrokeshire are hard to beat- there is something for everyone. Oakwood theme park, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Blue Lagoon at Bluestone, Folly Farm, Caldey Island ... are you hooked yet? Then read on ...
- Click here to check availability of all Clydey Holiday Cottages in Pembrokeshire
- Please send us a review of these luxury holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 75 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.9 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 4 out of 5
- Stunning rural site in unspoilt Wales. Very comfortable cottages with everything you could need with children for a week. Amazing and friendly animals on site to feed every morning with the farmer and other children and a supper soft play, indoor pool and games room for rainy days. Very relaxed with beautiful beaches nearby, would definitely return. Ed, Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Farmhouse Cottage: This was our 6th visit to Clydey cottages and I can say its one of the best places to stay in Wales especially with young children. My grandson says it's his favourite holiday destination ever and he loves Farmer Malcolm who is a star in his own right. He has winning ways with the children - making them all feel special. The resort has everything you need - indoor pool and hot tubs, play areas both inside and out and a beautiful peaceful location. It's a little slice of heaven in Wales - we will definitely return. We love Clydey. Janet, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- We have visited Clydey 4 times or more and I never get bored. For young children this is a holiday in heaven - lovely animal feeding every morning which is a delight for any city kids, swimming pool, softplay, outdoor climbing & play areas & trampoline all within the most relaxing view of Pembrokeshire's hills. The beaches nearby are all great fun and easily accessible and the location is just peaceful and calm. The cottages are fantastically equipped and perfect for any young family and you can visit all year round due the woodburners, the sauna and the hot tubs! I'm reluctant to let this secret out but I can't recommend highly enough. Julia, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- 1. Excellent family and baby friendly accommodation. Spotlessly clean and luxurious 2. Parents can rest and actually enjoy themselves too, there was nothing stressful about the holiday, best one we have had 3. They have thought of everything to make it enjoyable 4. Excellent indoor and outdoor activities for children 5. Animal feeding in the morning a must, my son loved every minute of it 6.Will definitely be back. Susan, Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- If you have children that like the outdoors, this is hands down the best family holiday available in the UK. Wonderful scenery and so much to do on site or in the surrounding area. This was our 3rd visit and we are already planning our next one. Stewart, Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- Sheer, luxurious, family-holiday-heaven in a beautiful spot in Pembrokeshire. The phrase 'rural idyll' was invented for it. We spent a wonderful week there with our two young sons and wished we'd spent two. They really have thought of everything – dreamy, chocolate-box cottages with every modern comfort you could wish for. Rating 5 out of 5, Helen Wade (journalist), reviewed Aug 2014
- We visited Clydey Cottages for the 3rd time this August and took my parents with us for their first ever self-catering holiday. Clydey surpassed all their expectations and we were able to have a wonderful week enjoying gorgeous views, fantastic facilities and some quality family time. The attention to detail is amazing, from the bottle of prosecco waiting for me in honour of my 40th birthday, to staff spending almost an hour changing the superking bed into twins for my parents on changeover day when I'm sure they had other things to do. We had an amazing day on Mwnt Beach - about 30 minute drive away, with views of dolphins out in the bay and then a short drive to St Dogmael's for excellent fish and chips which we ate in the grounds of the ruined abbey there. Otherwise the true highlight is animal feeding and egg collecting with Farmer Malcolm whose calm and caring presence makes him worth his weight in gold. This is the kind of holiday that childhood memories are made of. Rating 5 out of 5, Emkay, reviewed Aug 2014
- After our third stay in 18mths we can't speakly highly enough of Clydey. We had the pleasure of being the first guests in their Ty Hen property in August and it was an absolute joy. We hope to come back again real soon. Rating 5 out of 5, ImmyWorld, reviewed Aug 2014
- We have holidayed here twice, first (Sept 2013) in Foxglove Cottage which was lovely & cosy with our little girl on a comfy (for me too!) fold out bed at the the end of ours. Second time with the grandfather over from NZ - 2 bed cottage: one up, one down, so personal space for all. 'Papa' took great delight taking granddaughter to feed the animals in the morning (with the brilliant Farmer Malcolm who follows a routine that the children love and become familiar with, thus putting them at ease with the animals), and was continually dragged off to soft play,bikes and pool which was all good fun. Second time round we found even more to do outside of Clydey - beautiful countryside and lots of attractions - Teifi Valley Railway being a personal favourite for its quaint charm, the views you get to see on the train and for the wonderful people who run it. We have had 2 lovely relaxing holidays here. Everyone is very friendly when you meet them - usually animal feeding time - but at the same time you are barely aware of the other cottages the rest of the time. And the booking process is a dream - personalised contact with Jacqui and Dewi. Can't reccommend this holiday enough. Rating 5 out of 5, Rowena, reviewed Jul 2014
- Clydey Cottages and Fron Fawr are an amazing place for a family holiday - caters for young children but also great for adults to chill and relax too. Fantastic facilities, gorgeous scenery and comfortable cottages - the only downside was that we couldn't get our children to leave the site so we could explore Pembrokeshire! Rating 5 out of 5, Becky, reviewed Jul 2014
- Booking our holiday was effortless via the website and Jacqui was prompt at responding to our queries. As I said to Jacqui when we arrived - we are quite fussy - but Clydey surpassed our expectations. My husband said it was nicer than the places we stayed on honeymoon. We stayed in Ivy Cottage - perfect for the three of us. Our son celebrated his fifth birthday while we were on holiday at Clydey - and the chickens gave him a birthday card! Our cottage was gorgeous and had absolutely everything we needed. The setting and facilities are amazing-even nicer than the website depicts! I could go on and on... If you want a brilliant holiday with a young family, book Clydey. Rating 5 out of 5, ehunt, reviewed Jul 2014
- Clydey is simply the most relaxing place I have ever been to...in fact it is the only time I have relaxed on holiday since I have had small children! It is all incredible....the staff, the animal feeding, the luxurious cottages and the amazing facilities. Money very well spent, book it book it book it! Rating 5 out of 5, lots33, reviewed May 2014
- Clydey Cottages and its sister cottages, Fron Fawr, are a great place for family holidays. Jackie and Dewi who run both cottages are friendly, helpful and welcoming. Situated in Cardigan Bay area, it is a beautiful spot with lovely beaches and days out. We stayed at Fron Fawr which is about 5 miles from Clydey Cottages. The cottage was packed with all essentials and we arrived to a lovely welcome pack and fresh flowers. Although Fron Fawr does not have all the facilities that Clydey has, it still has a small outdoor play area, tractors and ride on toys and a hot tub. We were actually quite glad that we did stay on Fron Fawr because if we had stayed at Clydey Cottages, we would never have gotten our children to actually leave the site! We went to Clydey cottages three times over the week we stayed. This is a great place for children - especially under 5's. It is completely safe for the children to run and explore, has an outdoor park, trampoline plus an indoor play area (with free tea/coffee/hot chocolate!) when the weather is not so good. Our children loved the swimming pool and it was nice to sit in the hot tub and watch them play in the pool. Great games room with a huge selection of DVDs to and books to borrow. You can also, for a reasonable price, buy frozen food for your evening meal. Clydey has animals on site which the children can feed. They have organised feeding routines and egg collecting most days. Malcolm the farmer is great and the children loved him. Would definitely be planning another visit soon.Rating 5 out of 5, Rob & Becky, May 2014
- Clydey Cottages in West Wales is a beautiful cluster of 10 cottages with suberb facilities We've been regulars here for the last 4 years, going at least twice a year. The cottages range from one to four bedrooms & are all absolutely immaculate. They all have cosy wood burners & gorgeous comfy beds. The daily animal feeding is always a big draw in the mornings for the younger guests, just as the indoor AND outdoor hot tubs are a big draw for the grown ups! There is so much to do on site such as the fab heated indoor pool plus soft play with comfy sofas & complimentary drinks. A welcome addition is now the on site spa where you can have wonderful massages & beauty treatments without having to venture out! If you can't be bothered to cook whilst on holiday, you don't have to - there is a freezer full of wonderful 'cook' meals (we always have the chicken korma) plus ice creams, desserts & even baby & childrens meals. The owners have really thought of everything! There is a well equipped games room with games/DVDs & books to borrow free of charge. If you do wish to go off & explore, you'd be hard pressed to find more beautiful beaches & scenery anywhere. We class this place as our bolt hole from the stresses of life & couldn't imagine a time when we won't want to go back. All the staff are so good & the owners Jacqui & Dewi are lovely people & really do work hard to ensure all guests want to return. If you want a wonderful, stress-free, relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings then I can't recommend Clydey enough. Rating 5 out of 5, Samantha, Apr 2014
- We stayed at the Fron Fawr site attached to Clydey Cottages in June 2013. Overall it was a brilliant holiday, both for us and our 16 month old son. The Fron Fawr cottages are about 10minutes drive from the main site. It is very peaceful and a beautiful setting. The cottage had three bedrooms but the downstairs was small and really wouldn't have been suitable fir more than four at the most. It was well kitted out but overall parts looked a little tired and some updating would be good. This was the same for the outside kids play area and toys which all looked very old. The same however cannot be said for the Clydey site that we visited frequently. The place is immaculate and so well thought out. Frozen Cook meals so you can have a 'night out' in your cottage and a brilliant DVD collection for young and old. The soft play and swimming pool were brilliant. There were so many toys our son looked quite confused! Sky sports in the soft play kept my husband happy! The highlight has to be the animal feeding with Farmer Malcolm. We couldn't attend till later in the week but on meeting Malcolm on route to the animals he greater our son by name before we introduced ourselves. It is done brilliantly as all the children can feed safely out of bowls or off forks. Our son loves animals and the smile on his face made our holiday. Malcolm knew each child by name and was just brilliant with them. The staff at Clydey were lovely and really made an effort to make you feel at home and that nothing was any trouble for them. I feel for the Clydey site it is a five star but have given four because of the Fron Fawr site, if we can come back then we would definitely stay at Clydey so everything was on site. Rating 5 out of 5, Isabel, stayed Jun 2013
- Lots of things to do on site. Perfect for families with children. Rating 5 out of 5, Isabell, received May 2013
- The facilities are absolutely fantastic: we stayed 5 nights in November and there was plenty for our 2-and-a-half year old and 8 month old to do on site even on the cold, dark days. It is, however, the small touches that made it a great break for my wife and myself: the freezer full of premium "ready" meals meant we didn't have to cook free hot drinks machine and Sky TV in soft play; and DVD library. We also took advantage of kids club (supervised play) which gave us a couple of hours break, was reasonably priced, easy to arrange and had friendly staff. Also loved the animal feeding (Farmers' Malcolm and Jacqui were great with the kids) and the local beaches were beautiful. The cottage we stayed at was small but they did not hide this on their website or in the conversation I had prior to booking and was absolutely fine for the 4 of us (we had their smallest 3 bed I think) but would be tight for two families sharing. I must also add that all of the staff were fantastic. Rating 5 out of 5, Damion, received Mar 2013
- We have been going to Clydey for the last 3 years & wouldn't dream of going anywhere else in Wales. Once you go here nowhere else will ever be good enough. Clydey is a cluster of 10 beautiful cottages ranging from 1 to 4 bedrooms in the most beautiful part of West Wales. There is a heated indoor swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, gym, games room, soft play & toys for little ones who can play safe whilst mum or dad enjoy a complimentary hot drink on a comfy sofa with magazines, free wi-Fi or TV. There is complimentary DVD & games library, laundry facilities & a freezer full of 'Cook' home made meals to purchase. My favourite place however is the outdoor hot tub, which overlooking the beautiful welsh hills is quite literally heaven on earth. There is daily animal feeding & egg collecting with farmer Malcolm which the kids absolutely love, the feeding ends at the outdoor play area. I have never read a single negative review about this place & the fact that the lovely owners Jacqui & Dewi have so many repeat customers is testament to this. They work really hard to maintain & improve the complex & deserve every award they receive. Having children of there own they are very much tuned in to the needs of families with young children in tow. Trust me, go there, you won't be disappointed. It may seem expensive but it's worth every single penny. Oh, also if you can bear to leave the cottages, there are some excellent beaches nearby & also folly farm & oakwood a pleasant drive away. Rating 5 out of 5, Sam, reviewed Feb 2013
- Great facilities for babies: soft play, animals, outdoor play & posh frozen meals for parents. Lovely baby friendly cottages & v comfy bed. Rating 5 out of 5, Faye, received Dec 2012
- They include all the things you think you need for a family holiday and then a bit more, which makes for a true home from home stay. The activities available on the sites also mean than on rainy days there is still plenty to do and the petting farm is a wonderful surprise extra. Rating 5 out of 5, Abi, received Dec 2012.
- We have been going to Clydey cottages at least once a year for the past 3 years. We wouldn't even think of going anywhere else as Clydey really is the best place we have been to by a mile. Having just read some of the other reviews I find it unbelievable that people could rate it 4 out of 5! Part of the attraction for us is that the cottages are so rural & quiet with hardly any phone signal (bliss) there is a phone box there if anyone really needs contact from the outdoor world All the cottages are of an extremely high standard with cleanliness excellent. I am always really fussy when I go away & this place is immaculate. Loads to do on site including the pool, sauna, gym, indoor & outdoor hot tubs (my favourite place!) also soft play room with books, toys etc. There are loads of places to go if you want to explore including beautiful beaches plus folly farm & oakwood. If you're feeling energetic there is a lovely walk down through the woods to a stream. Highlight of the holiday has to be Farmer Malcolm & the daily animal feeding & egg collecting, Malcolm & indeed all the staff are simply wonderful & we, like most people who stay at Clydey would live here in a heartbeat! We never want to go home at the end of our holiday & always book again. Jacqui & Dewi are lovely people who have got the balance perfect here, they truly deserve every success & award they achieve. Rating 5 out of 5, Sam, Dec 2012.
- The cottage we stayed in was beautifully appointed and very clean. There was a lot of facilities for staying guests and the owners seemed to have thought of everything. A very enjoyable stay. Rating 5 out of 5, Jenny, Aug 2012.
- It has literally everything a family could need or wish for in a holiday. The cottages are very cosy, and a true home from home. They are spacious and well equipped. However, for us, the very best thing is the farm and Farmer Malcolm's morning feeding sessions, together with the soft play area and the pool. These facilities mean that despite wet, wintery weather we have never struggled to entertain the children. The addition of the kids' club this year was welcomed by our almost 3 year old daughter, who loved sometime away from us (probably as much as we loved the respite it allowed!). Rating 5 out of 5, Carly & David, received Jan 2013.
- Lovely location, with everything you could possibly want provided within and around the cottages. Had a relaxing time, and given this was our first family holiday (with a toddler), relaxing was not what I was expecting! Everyone was really friendly, and Farmer Malcolm and the animals was a highlight for our son (and us!). Rating 5 out of 5, Andrew & Helen, received Nov 2012.
- Great facilities (especially the pool, hot tub, children's play room and older people's games room). Animal feeding a highlight of the stay for our 3 year old - she went each morning with 'Farmer Malcolm'. Cottages very well set up and high standard of decoration, fixtures, fittings etc. Rating 5 out of 5, Miranda, received Oct 2012.
- Beautiful setting, fantastic owners, very comfortable accommodation, very child friendly. Rating 4 out of 5, Sarah, received Oct 2012.
- Great location and facilities. The cottage was kitted out with everything that you could need and our toddler loved feeding the animals. We also had some great days out in Pembrokeshire. Rating 5 out of 5, Kate, received Sept 2012.
- Perfect location for families with young children. Peaceful and safe for children to run about. Lots of activities for them to do. We could see why so many happy customers with children keep coming back year after year. Everything is catered for and we all liked it so much that we just stayed there and enjoyed it. The indoor pool and river are great - we had a great picnic down there by the river. All the facilities, excellent accommodation, countryside, views, river and animals, make it a very magical place. Well done! Rating 5 out of 5, Daniel & Rebecca, received Sept 2012
- We were looking for a place to stay in the UK where our 18 month old would be entertained but also allowed us to relax and enjoy ourselves too. It certainly met our expectations so we returned a year later (now with a new baby as well). Again, it exceeded our expectations. We look forward to returning again in the near future. It is excellent for children and parents alike, something that I didn't think was possible! Rating 5 out of 5, Jonathan, received Sept 2012.
- We had a wet week this year but there is no place we would rather be than Clydey. Everything is there on site for children and adults. The children adore Malcolm who takes them to feed the animals every morning and collect the eggs.The swimming pool has toys and floats , spare goggles, everything you may need. The hot tub at the edge of the poolside is so relaxing. The indoor play area has comfortable sofas for the adults and magazines and free hot drinks. There is plenty in there to occupy the children. The outdoor play area caters for all ages of children. The games room is excellent and there are also games and DVD's in there you can borrow to take to your cottage. There is a lovely walk from the cottage down to a stream with a bridge where we play pooh sticks every day. The highlight for our children are the farm animals and Malcolm the farmer. The highlight for us adults is the luxurious cottage and facilities. We would highly recommend Clydey. Rating 5 out of 5, Diane, Jun 2012
- Lovely atmosphere, facilities excellent, Farmer Malcolm a great hit with the kids. Everything you need for a good holiday on the site. Rating 5 out of 5, Wendy, received Jun 2012
- We have been on various family holidays, and Clydey is the very best. Why? Because it's hard to find a place where everyone is catered for, and this is the place. Clydey makes for a very happy son and a very happy Mummy and Daddy. Rated 5 out of 5, John, received May 2012
- Everything you could need for all the family - gorgeous cottages, well equipped for a self catering holiday, with excellent on-site facilities for all ages from hot tubs and swimming pool to children's play room (complete with free hot drinks for mum & dad!), DVD library, games room and well stocked freezers for those nights when you just don't want to cook! Also brilliant animal feeding every morning which the children love, and in such a beautiful setting. Definitely rated 5 out of 5, Lance & Lisa, Apr 2012
- We had a wonderful holiday with our three young girls. Every little detail made our holiday special but feeding the animals with Farmer Malcolm was such a highlight even with (borrowed) wellie boots and umbrellas! We wouldn't change a thing! Definitely rated 5 out of 5, Kirsty & Matt, Nov 2011
- Perfect for anyone with children (especially toddler-junior school age). Clydey has the facilities of a hotel but the flexibility of self catering. Definitely worthy of it's official 5 star rating. Rating 5 out of 5, Mr & Mrs Falloon, Sep 2011.
- Jaqui, Dewi and their team seem to have thought of everything. We felt completely at home and our only complaint was not enough time time to take advantage of all the thoughtful facilities. Rating out of 5 - 6 (oh ok 5), Deborah, Sep 2011.
- Its comprehensive and excellent facilities for children with lots of thoughtful touches, beautiful location, animal feeding and overall atmosphere. Rating 5 out of 5, Ciara, Aug 2011.
- We chose Clydey from an internet search for a first family holiday with our children - 2 & 3yrs old - and could not have found anywhere more perfect. The facilities were first class, a beautiful swimming pool with thoughtful loungers and magazines for grown-ups, a fabulous indoor soft-play room and a sand pit big enough for a gaggle of toddlers and more besides in the form of the marvellous 'Clydey Farmer' and his daily feeding time which both children adored. The accommodation was faultless too, spacious, well equipped and provided with the cot and booster seat we had asked for, and a CD player for night-time stories found too. If you stay there, we'd also recommend Pembrokeshiredirect.co.uk, the best home shopping delivery service I have ever come across, delicious farm sourced food, basics like loo roll and drinks and all put away in the cottage awaiting our arrival - a treat! A more child-friendly place is hard to imagine, and happy kids means happy parents! Rating 5 out of 5 - 6 if it were allowed! Sandra, Jun 2011.
- Fantastic, child friendly and safe environment with great facilities and beautiful views - especially sat in the outdoor hot tub! Everything is catered for, the farm feeding is excellent and the fresh eggs taste great.The kids love the certificate they get at the end of the week as a 'young clydey farmer' - a great touch. The local area has lots to do for both wet and dry weather days and you dont have to get in the car to enjoy the woodland walk and babbling brook at the bottom of the valley. Clydey is by far the best self catering cottages we have stayed in - we have stayed here twice - the last two May half term holidays and our boys (8yr old & 5yr old) are still asking to go back again! As parents if the children are that happy the holiday is worth every penny. 5 out of 5 Mark, June 2011
- The property was excellent on all levels. We especially appreciated all the facilities for Alex, our toddler. He loved the soft play, the pool, the ride-on toys and the playground but most of all he loved feeding the animals and his Young Farmer certificate at the end of the week was a nice touch. We could have happily stayed on site all week. In addition, Jacqui and Dewi and all the staff provided a warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We found the cottage to be cosy and welcoming and fully equipped and as Mum and Dad we liked the frozen gourmet meals and the DVD library so that we could enjoy relaxing evenings. Rating 5 out of 5, Dan, Suzanne & Alex, Jun 2011.
- Well appointed accommodation; comfy beds; lots of great things to do on site for all age groups, especially families with young children. Animal feeding was a bit out of my family's age range but would have been right up our street a few years ago. Loved the hot tub and the games room. Fabulous place for our family holiday. Would be improved for us by the provision of what we understand is planned - a large dining space for larger family groups. Rating 4.5 out of 5, Apr 2011, Helen and extended family!
- The Farmhouse had everything we needed and was a beautiful spacious with amazing views. Clydey Cottages was a fabulous place to stay - both relaxing for the adults and so much fun for the children. The facilities/activities there were brilliant especially the indoor toy/soft play room, the farm animals, the outdoor ride-ons and the swimming pool. The frozen healthy meals were such a good idea and were delicious. The owners, Jacqui and Dewi, were very friendly and helpful and not forgetting Malcolm the farmer. It was by far the best family holiday we've had to date and we cannot recommend it highly enough. We truly couldn't fault it. Thanks again. Rating 5 out of 5, Mar 2011
- High standard or self catering accommodation, tranquil and beautiful setting, all facilities you would need in accommodation for a young family (toddlers or baby) and owners with their own young family so know what people need! Lots to do on the site in all weathers - on site: animal feeding, lovely heated pool with good selection of play things, games room, DVDs, books and indoor softplay. Our 2 children often did not want to leave the grounds. Nearby – beaches, pubs, castles, museums and family activities such as Folly farm. Helpful and friendly staff. Rating 5 out of 5 – exceeded expectations, Chris, Mar 2011.
- Beautiful peaceful setting, extremely helpful staff, first rate accommodation and great facilities for children of all ages. Rating 5 out of 5, Jane.
- We have visited Clydey Cottages three times now. This place is truly wonderful. I cannot recommend it highly enough. We first came as a family two years ago when our boy was 3 months old where he had his first ever swim. Such magical memories and times. We have then brought grandparents and more family members along to share the joy. Everything has been thought of, and everything is top quality. So many highlights - the indoor heated swimming pool, the soft ball play room, feeding the animals, the cosy cottages. The list seems endless. Clydey is so superbly geared up for families. As parents we feel so relaxed and content at Clydey and our boy now refers to it as our 'holiday home'. Finally, it all makes sense when you meet the owners Dewi and Jacqui. They are so accommodating and so helpful. They can never do enough for you, and really go the extra mile. Family paradise. Rating 5 out of 5, John.
- Excellent facilities both in the cottage and around the site. Cottage is warm, comfy, cosy and really well equipped. Pool area was lovely, clean, modern with loads of pool toys, floats, loungers, mags etc... Soft play frame and indoor play room went down a storm with our 4 year old whilst we lounged on the comfy sofas with a mag and a hot chocolate. Feeding the farm animals was a real highlight for the kids. This is probably the best holiday accomodation we have had as a family.Rating 5 out of 5, Alison, Nov 2010.
- Absolutely perfect for small children as everything you need ( and more) is on site but there is nothing "commercial" feeling about it. It's a real home from home with so many little touches (a crib/ changing table) in the pool room that make such a difference. Jackie and Dewi and the team are really welcoming and attentive without being intrusive. About as relaxing as a holiday can be with two small children. Rating 5 out of 5, Fiona, Oct 2010.
- Welcoming, friendly, lovely swimming pool and soft play area, all little baby related things thought about (e.g. rucksacks, monitors etc), lovely location, animal feeding great. Rating 4 out of 5, Andy, Oct 2010.
- Facilities are very clean and tidy, very quiet area and great for children. Cottages are really nice, i could live in one. Rating 4 out of 5, due to being in the middle of no-where. Donna, Oct 2010.
- We chose this property because we knew the weather could be unpredicatable in Wales and we wanted to have some wet weather options that were close to home. Clydey was perfect, the setting was beautiful and our two girls (aged 3 and 1) loved the animal feeding, swimming pool and soft play. We got a lot of use out of them them all. The whole set-up is so easy for families so you don't end up packing everything bar the kitchen sink. It is also in a really lovely part of the world, with so much to within an easy drive. Rating 4 out of 5, Claire, Sept 2010.
- It was in a beautiful location, the facilities were excellent for kids (ours are 2 and yrs), the cottages were lovely and well equipped, the welcome was warm and the beaches nearby were great. in door pool great for wet days and soft play. Feeding the animals was a highlight. Rating 5 out of 5, Suzanne, Aug 2010.
- Very child friendly but managing to cater extremely well for adults at the same time. Great soft play area for children with sofa's, magazines and hot drinks for adults, we switched off whilst the children played! Pack less as the pool has every toy you would need plus baby facilities including spare nappies if you are caught short The animal feeding is great fun, Malcolm hands each child a cup of food and makes sure they all have a turn to feed the animals, it's a lovely hour and not rushed at all Overall Clydey had a very comfortable, relaxed feel and enough activities to keep the children occupied in all weathers. Rating 5 out of 5, Lisa, Aug 2010.
- Clydey cottages have wonderful facilities. It is an incredibly beautiful and relaxing environment, our children are always so happy and active all day. The cottages are beautiful and everything is completed to a lovely standard. We have had 3 incredibly happy holidays at Clydey and will be going back. Rating 5 out of 5, Polly, Aug 2010.
- Location was stunning, facilities brilliant, such a warm welcome and there was so much to do and see in local area. It is perfect for families with toddlers. We are hoping to return next year. Rating 5 out of 5, Lisa, Aug 2010.
- Fabulous for children (2 year old) and very relaxing for parents. Quiet/rural location. Proximity to good beaches. Attention to detail ie, stairgates, cot etc. Rating 5 out of 5, Kath, Aug 2010.
- Great facilities for kids, ranging from toddler up to a 7 year old in our case, but seemed to be stuff for older children too. The boys all had a fantastic time; loved the pool, football goal, games room and hot tub in particular. We came home feeling relaxed and like we'd had proper family time together. Lovely to have such a genuinely warm welcome, and the cottage was really well-equipped too. Rating 5 out of 5, Lindy, Aug 2010.
- Facilities are excellent and the cottages are furnished and equipped to very high standard. There's enough to do even if the weather is not good. My two and half year old child loved feeding the farm animals in the morning! A great place to unwind and relax - will definitely go back. Rating 5 out of 5, Concetta, July 2010.
- A super holiday for a young family. The animals to feed are really popular with the children and the man who takes them round does it so well that they learn a great deal and grow hugely in confidence. Massages and facials available in your cottage and a super pool, soft play area, outdoor facilities with ride-on toys etc. Hot tub in the grounds and gym went down very well with the grownups. All really well thought through and the standard of maintenance of cottages and grounds was impressive. Local beaches were great although it's a good 20 minute drive to the nearest. My children are desperate to go back and I'm pretty sure we'll book again. Rated 5 out of 5, Alex, July 2010.
- Very Family Orientated, Love the freedom to do what you please and to treat it as your home. Rated 5 out of 5 Even Ten if you had it! Samantha, July 2010.
- Lovely cottages, excellent facilities and very friendly people. Everyone at Clydey cares about making sure you have the perfect holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, Paul, July 2010.
- Fantastic location & accommodation - the cottages (we have stayed in Foxglove, Bramble & Tansy) are all finished and equipped to a very high standard and have everything you need to make you feel at home. There is so much to do on site - walks through the woods down to the stream, indoor heated pool, soft play & toy area and outdoor play for the children. Hot tub & sauna, and gym for the grown ups. Our daughter loves the animals, especially the pygmy goats and loved going out with the Clydey Farmer every morning to feed them. Off site there is also a wide range of places to visit - Folly Farm, Teifi Valley Railway, Poppit Sands, Felinwynt Rainforest Centre, and The Honey Farm in New Quay are some of those we have been to over the past few years. Clydey is a very special place and one we hope to visit again and again in the future. Rating 5 out of 5, Magda, July 2010.
- We had an amazing time at Clydey with our 20 month old son. He loved the animal feeding and egg collecting every day, and the other facilities were fantastic. When we tried to book, all the two bedroom cottages were full, but on calling Dewi and Jacqui, they were very accommodating and offered us a great alternative. The accommodation was more than we had hoped for, tastefully done and with all the amenities and safety elements we could ask for. We had a slight problem with our boiler during our stay, which was fixed within an hour of us mentioning it. The pool area was great, and our son loved the indoor playroom, as well as the outdoor toys, and the food available in the freezer was very tasty and easy when we didn't want to cook. We found lots to do in the area for ourselves and children, and have recommended Clydey Cottages to all of our friends. Easily rated 5 out of 5, Heidi, July 2010.
- We are always given a warm welcome at Clydey. The cottages are family friendly, beautiful and very well equipped and the site facilities improve each year (we have been four years in a row). The family favourites are the swimming pool and the animal feeding/egg collecting. The location is great with so manhy beautiful beaches and countryside close by along with many other family friendly places to visit (farms, wildlife parks etc). We have had an excellent holiday every time we stay. Definitely rated 5 out of 5, Vanessa, July 2010.
- Left to do whatever you want and really feel like it is home from home, but you know that Jacqui and Dewi are there on hand should you need anything. Also, excellent facilities for children. Jemima didn't want to come home! Rating 4.5 out of 5. If the wireless had worked, it may have got a 5! Sophie, Apr 2010. Owner's note: we have now sorted out the WiFi in Snowdrop cottage and apologise for the problems during their stay.
- Amazing location in the heart of the West Wales countryside, with stunning views across the valley. Home away from home - you feel at home as soon as you arrive, the cottages are lovely and well equipped. Especially like the wood burners. Great facilities - the pool, the gym, the games room, the kids play area....need I say more. Kid friendly - our son loves it there, especially when they can feed the farm animals. Lovely hosts - Dewi and Jacqui make you feel very welcome, and will sort stuff out for you if you need them. Otherwise they just leave you alone to enjoy your break. Rating 5 out of 5, Chris, Apr 2010.
- Excellent accommodation: warm, comfortable and well-equipped. Great play facilities for pre-schoolers: swimming pool, petting farm, indoor soft play and ride-ons made for an unforgettable holiday. Daily farm rounds were also a winner Days out from the property offered a wonderful variety of coast, countryside and castles. Rating 5 out of 5, Esther, Apr 2010
- It has a really beautiful setting with a great atmosphere. There is everything you could possibly wish for to keep small children entertained, whatever the weather, yet it still feels special enough for adult breaks too. Jacqui and Dewi give a very personal welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The lack of hidden costs (especially when you have "done" Centreparcs and the likes) is a definite bonus. There is masses to do in the area and the beaches are stunning, but to be quite honest, it's often a struggle to drag yourself away from Clydey itself! Rating 5 out of 5, the Dart family, Apr 2010.
- The cottages are fantastically well furnished and appointed, with full facilities - everything one could wish for - tv, dvd, pool, outdoor hot tub, working farm etc etc. Rating 5 out of 5, Richard & Jo, Apr 2010.
- Very very child friendly, all equipment provided, great facilities, wonderful farm animals, amazing location, and a hot tub that is the most amazing place to chill out in the evening with a glass of wine!!!!!!!!! Rating definitely 5 out of 5, Pippa, Mar 2010.
- Beautiful location and impeccable cottages run by lovely owners. Everything is finished to a very high quality and the service is superb. It is great for people with or without kids. The animals are a lot of fun for the kids as is the pool and outdoor hot tub are fantastic for the adults. The location is spot on in terms of handiness to great pubs and restaurants and all that the Pembrokeshire area has to offer in terms of walks, activities and scenery. If you want a holiday in the UK it is the best as there is no place better!!! Easy to rate - 5 out of 5! Matthew, Mar 2010.
- Clydey offers a fantastic scenic location, perfect for walkers, within easy reach of the glorious Pembrokeshire coastal path and great beaches. The location is peaceful and the contemporary accommodation is spotlessly clean and well appointed, with great on-site facilities. The owner/managers always offer the perfect welcome and are very helpful, it's a real home-from-home. Clydey is very professionally run but with a personal touch! Rating 5 out of 5, Jan, Mar 2010.
- I would just like to take a minute to say that I think Clydey is the perfect place to have the perfect holiday. The accommodation is so well designed and beautiful that its as good (if not better) as being at home (the cottages are definitely cleaner than my house!) and the facilities are luxurious without taking anything away from the beautiful surroundings and rural setting. Jacqui and Dewi are accommodating and really helpful and all in all I can't recommend their cottages highly enough. Rating 5 out of 5, Anna, Mar 2010.
- We have been to Clydey for several years on the trot. It is now brilliant, the owners have developed the holiday experience over the last few years and built an indoor swimming pool with gym and childrens play area. Our kids just love the pool area. THe rural setting is so peaceful which when you are sat in the gardens or even the hot tub just transport you somewhere else - total wind down. The cottages are better and better each year, always being refurbished and modernised. Cleanliness is superb, the bathrooms are spotless! There are so many beaches close by and many other attractions. I cant remember the mane of the Pub in the village but it is a proper pub with good honest food. Jacqui and Dewi are always so helpful and welcoming, if you need anything they will sort it out for you. We have been to other holiday cottages but Clydey is by far the best. Rating 5 out of 5, Peter, Mar 2010.
- Beautiful, peaceful – equally appealing to parents and children alike for a relaxing break. Plenty of extra amenities in the local area. Owners cannot do enough to help. Rating 5 out of 5, Katy, Mar 2010.
- Great rural location; Fantastic indoor swimming pool; Friendly welcome; Great places to explore nearby; Home from home furnishings; Nice touches - such as the freezer of prepared meals for those lazy 'what shall we have for dinner' moments; The kids loved the feeding of the farmyard animals! Rating 5 out of 5, Tomos, Mar 2010.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (WA013) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8
1 to 4
1 to 3
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Reception on 01239 698619, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Family friendly features at these luxury holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire include:
Facilities & equipment available at each self-catering holiday cottage include:
Luxury Self Catering Holiday Cottages at Clydey in Pembrokeshire
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these holiday cottages.