Asheston eco friendly holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire
Nearby Newgale beach, a great place to visit with the kids
Playground to keep your kids happy!
Stables Cottage sleep 7 in 3 bedrooms
Stables Cottage, a luxury finish with antique furniture
Cart House Sleeps 6 with a cosy wood burning stove
Cart House bedroom, look at this for a luxury holiday in Wales!
The Barn sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
The Barn - this is one of our typical disabled accessible wet rooms
The Grain Store 3 beds, sleeps 5/6, open plan living
Grain Store luxury bedroom with exposed, original stone walls
Outside the Cow Shed with balcony, sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Luxury bedroom with stunning views from the Cow Shed's balcony
asheston eco barns, penycwm, pembrokeshire, south west wales
- Asheston Eco Barns are five traditional Welsh stone farm buildings providing luxury WTB 5 star luxury self catering holiday accommodation in a sustainable eco friendly environment. Not only that we are proud to offer disabled accessible holidays for you too. The barns have been rebuilt to the highest standard of finish while retaining the traditional character to provide a beautiful setting for a family holiday, whilst having a minimal impact on the environment. The five individual barns all benefit from state of the art environmentally friendly technology including a wind turbine, solar hot water, geothermal heating and rainwater recycling. They have features such as oak beams, natural slate and limestone floors and eco friendly clay paint and are furnished with antiques and log burning stoves. We are proud to have been recognised as amongst the most eco friendly holiday cottages in the UK & to maintain that we are constantly audited by the Green Dragon standard environmental management system.
- Asheston Eco Holiday Barns offers a secluded and peaceful environment as it is surrounded by 22 acres of open fields and woodland and has magnificent country views towards Roch Castle. Newgale blue flag beach is only 3 miles away. The barns are located down a private 1/4 mile driveway and this provides a secluded and safe environment free from passing traffic for children to play. To the front of the barns there is a large grassed area for relaxing and playing. There is a wildlife pond which is fenced off to provide safety for children. There is also a dedicated enclosed children's play area with swings, a slide and climbing frame.
- All children are welcome at Asheston Eco Holiday Barns and we provide cots, highchairs and stairgates as standard. Additional baby friendly measures such as bottle warmers, baby baths and baby monitors can be made available. Please discuss your requirements when you make a booking. All utilities, bed linen and towels (not beach towels) are included in the price.
- All barns are furnished with antique furniture, fittings and traditional log burning stoves for those cosy nights in by the fire. All barns have geo-thermal underfloor heating making them constantly warm and a pleasure to walk on. Walk in wet room showers and bathrooms are fed by fast high tech solar panels and large hot water tanks. Each barn has its own secluded landscaped area for dining al fresco or just for relaxing and watching the sunset with a glass of wine. Care has been taken to ensure access for those with restricted mobility providing bedrooms and wet room showers on the ground floor (further details on our accessible holiday accommodation are below). Please note all barns are non smoking and we are sorry but we do not accept pets.
- The Cart House (3 beds, sleeps 6, disabled accessible) - This was originally the old Cart house to the farm and has a beautiful window with a stone archway to the front. This converted barn now has 2 double bedrooms and 1 twin/double room and will sleep 6 in comfort and luxury.
- The Stables (3 beds, sleeps 7, disabled accessible) - Originally the old Stables to the farm this is the longest barn on the farm and offers a great space to relax and enjoy the modern barn facilities while still retaining the character features. This converted barn has 3 large bedrooms and will sleep 7 in comfort and luxury.
- The Barn (2 beds, sleeps 4, disabled accessible)- This was the general barn to the farm and this luxury cottage has 2 large double bedrooms with en suites and will sleep 4.
- The Grain Store (3 beds, sleeps 5/6, disabled accessible) - Originally the old grain store to the farm this is a lovely, light airy barn offering a double height living,kitchen and dining area. This barn has 3 large bedrooms and will sleep 5/6 in comfort and luxury.
- The Cow Shed (3 beds, sleeps 6)- As this was the old cow shed to the farm, this end barn has stunning views down Brandy Brook valley from the bedroom balcony on the first floor. This barn has 3 bedrooms and will sleep 6 in comfort and luxury. Please note that this is the only barn that does not have a bedroom on the ground floor.
- At Asheston Eco Barns we provide award-winning holiday accommodation for the disabled throughout the whole year. We pride ourselves in having paid paid special attention to the needs of our less mobile guests & that all of our cottages have been awarded 5* to provide you with the perfect luxury holiday. We hope that the following information & adaptations we have made will suit your needs so that you can make the most of your holiday or short break:
- The car park has a hard surface and there are level access pathways into each barn, all of which are lit at night.
- If you are travelling by train, accessible taxis for the disabled should be booked in advance – we can recommend taxi providers.
- All of the barns, other than The Cow Shed, have accessible ground floor bedrooms.
- All of the barns have accessible bathrooms on both floors, adapted for disabled use.
- If disabled guests require carers or assistants in their bedrooms, we can make the required arrangements.
- Each of the barns is different, and we are working to improve our accessibility plus facilities and equipment for our disabled guests, on an ongoing basis. We are always happy to help wherever we can, please just ask.
- We can put you in touch with a local registered care agency, if you need to organize care during your stay.
- We are always happy to offer you personal advice on disabled friendly tourist attractions & services in the local area - please just ask.
- If you need help on your self catering holiday to make it that bit easier, we can also offer advice on food deliveries or personal chefs to meet your needs.
- There is one article from our holiday blog that you might find useful as it holds lots of information about where to visit & what to do in Pembrokeshire - Is Pembrokeshire the secret family holiday destination in the UK that we have all missed? Perhaps it is not so secret now but certainly it is a great alternative to Cornwall - find out why. Family holidays in Pembrokeshire are hard to beat- there is something for everyone. Oakwood theme park, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Blue Lagoon at Bluestone, Folly Farm, Caldey Island ... are you hooked yet? Then read on ...
- Click here to check availability of all Asheston Eco Holiday Cottages
- Please send us a review of these luxury holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire Wales by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Message from the editor: whilst we haven't yet had any direct reviews for this gorgeous holiday accommodation, there are plenty of great reviews from other websites, some of which I have included below.
- Despite the rainy weather in november we had a lovely time at The Barn. The accommodation is very good with two lovely bedroom each having their own bathroom. The cottage has underfloor heating which makes it lovely and warm. A Well appointed kitchen was at hand to prepare the odd meal in. Brilliant time was had by all. Rating 4 out of 5, Dec 2015.
- Our family stayed in the cart house & stables. Karen was lovely & welcoming from enquiry, during our stay & even unpacking our food delivery! Couldn't have asked for more. Hamper was a lovely treat and also the logs for the fire. Had some kitchen essentials so we didn't have to bring as much as we did. Outside area was great with a large play area for the kids and lots of toys. There were lots of books, toys and board games to keep everyone entertained when it was too wet and windy outside. The kids had fun helping to build the fire! The ensuite was lovely, roll top bath and double shower. Soft towels and toiletries. Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Excellent accommodation with welcoming owners in a wonderful location. Quiet, relaxing holiday in comfort, close to the best of the sightseeing in the area. Eco heating system really works well. Lovely gardens and play area. Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- I visited Eco Barns at the beginning of September. I'm a manual wheelchair user, and able to transfer easily. When I usually look for accessible accommodation, it is clinical looking. Not here! Eco Barns provide luxury and comfort at the highest level, with aesthetics and function being just as important as one another. The double bed was an absolute dream to sleep in, there was plenty of room for me to use the kitchen and bathroom with ease, the car parking was spacious (although on gravel) and the entrance to the barn was ramped at a low gradient. The grounds outside the barns are open and spacious, and I was even treated to a welcome hamper full of local produce! I'd recommend Eco Barns to anyone, but expecially those looking for an inclusive treat! Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Couldn't have been better! We were there for a long weekend, late September. We got just what we expected from the advertising web pages etc. Excellently converted barns and stables, warm, dry comfortable and plenty of hot water. Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- We had a lovely visit. The host was there to greet us and was very welcoming. Everything was there to make this a lovely place to relax and unwind. The barns conversions are beautiful. we hope to go again. Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- We stayed in The Cart House. It is delightful. Stunning views complemented the charming and very comfortable living room. There is plenty of space everywhere. It is warm and welcoming. The beds are so comfy and we slept beautifully in the crisp white beautifully laundered linen. We were very impressed with the generous welcome basket. Our hosts have really thought of everything. The bathrooms are huge and well designed. The whole place was spotless. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you could wish for - and some! I would love to live there all year round and give it the highest recommendation. Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- If you want a touch of fine living in the middle of no where, than Asheston Eco Barns in Pembrokeshire, West Wales, could be exactly what you are looking for. The complex is a few miles from anywhere and consists of a number of purpose built apartment stylised upon a rural farming environment. I stayed in the 'Stables', a two storey apartment that could comfortably sleep a family of seven, so it was amazingly spacious for just myself and my PA. It had rural pre-war farmhouse décor elegantly balanced with all the mod cons you could ever need on holiday. It was certainly a home away from home and compared to many very posh hotels I have spent a night in for work, it was certainly the most relaxing night I have ever had away from home. What I really liked was the amount of time and detail that had been spent getting the apartment right. There were beautiful ornaments everywhere you looked, and lots of useful things to occupy any family like books, puzzles, games and toys. I was also delighted with the Welcome pack provided which included a bottle of wine, fresh strawberries, welsh cheese and other goodies. The owner reassured me this was what everyone received, not just reviewers like myself. The accessibility was to the expected standards but it did not go the extra mile, although it did not need to go the extra mile to be suitable for most guests. Upstairs was upstairs, which gave my personal assistant a nice break. There was a nice walk-in shower downstairs and the apartment key accessible feature was its spacious open plan environment. If I had to make one criticism, it would be that the free wi-fi was only available on one side of the apartment. Along with the fact this complex was outside any mobile signal, it could make people feel isolated from their 21st century lives, which is not always a bad thing. Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- We spent two weeks at The Grain Store and enjoyed our time there. The tranquil location was just what we were after. Our kids (7 and 4) loved the play area and there was plenty of space to kick a ball, fly a kite and run around. There's also plenty to do in the area. The owners were welcoming and helpful. We had a problem with the washing machine and they came and sorted it out the next day. The negatives were that the mattress on the upstairs bed was past its comfortable life and needs to be replaced. Also, a lot of the kitchen crockery, glasses, utensils etc needed washing before we could use them because they and the shelves they were on were dusty and / or greasy. There's also a big American style fridge-freezer that's quite old consequently noisy when it's running. We had to go during school holidays so it didn't feel like particularly great value. We'd recommend this as a place to stay but during the cheaper times of the year. Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Great place really enjoyed our week break here. Close to really great beaches locally only a few miles away. Great children's play areas and lots of space to run off energy for your small ones. A bit disappointed due to poor gardening, rose bushes overgrown at the rear and the grass needed a good cut - perhaps part of the ECO though. Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Spotless clean and very well furnished and equipped. Perfect location for peace and quiet. They have thought of everything, even down to the complimentary coals and fire lighters. We would certainly consider coming back with grandchildren. Barns beautifully converted and really very Eco! We will be back. Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Asheston House Eco Barns are 5 star plus. Karen goes to incredible lengths to make sure your stay is comfortable, clean and relaxing. The barns are Eco friendly, set in acres of well maintained farmland, yet a short drive gets you to Newgale Beach. This was our second visit and we will visit again. A real home from home.. Thank you very much for many happy memories. Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- This was a great holiday location. The rooms were very comfortable. The hosts were lovely - responsive & welcoming. The entire property is stunning. The ecological systems are impressive. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay. Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- Asheston eco barns are five magnificently converted barns about 5 miles from Newgale beach. They are beautifully appointed with log fires, underfloor heating and every conceivable toy/game/buggy ride for children. They are in their own grounds a quarter of a mile from the main road , so are very safe foe children. There is a play area with climbing frames, a pirate ship and zip wire for the kids. All the barns have outside barbecues and the welcome packs are excellent. Each barn has an interesting range of artifacts and interesting curios and a good selection of books. I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone. This is the second time I have been along with about 20 family members of various ages. Jan, Rating 5 out of 5, May 2015.
- Four adults and a baby for May Bank holiday weekend. Perfect retreat... views only of rolling hills and the odd tractor. Close to the coast, St. Davids etc We stayed in 'The Cowshed'..with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The property is comfortably furnished throughout and the wood burning fire adds character to what is a very well equipped and nicely detailed conversion. We had a great time and will recommend to friends and family. Rating 5 out of 5, May 2015.
- Great holiday home and venue, we had a wonderful time at the Cow Shed recently. We can strongly recommend this beautiful holiday home & setting, a modern link to an old familiar farm dwelling. Service and facilities provided by Karen & Jeff were outstanding, we wish them well on the existing and new development situated 12 miles from Haverfordwest, with a coastal run some 6 miles from the facility. We'll be back I'm sure. Rating 4 out of 5, May 2015.
- A really wonderful converted barn with a beautiful view. It was spotless, tasteful and so friendly. We loved every second of our stay here and for six city girls, this was the perfect, tranquil get away we were hoping for. Rating 5 out of 5, May 2015.
- Lovely week, we had the barn. We loved the decor, the barn was well equipped and the playground was great for my 2 kids who loved the zip-wire. The welcome hamper was much appreciated. Karen and Jeff were friendly and helpful. Wifi was iffy at times but this was no bad thing as it forced us to put down our tablets and actually spend time as a family ! Well located for St Davids and surrounding areas, we would highly recommend Asheston. Rating 5 out of 5, Apr 2015.
- Just back from a lovely weekend at the ""cowshed". The barn was fab. We were 6 adults and found the barn to have plenty of space. It was well equipped and maintained. Location was good very close to new gale, solva and St Davids. Would highly recommend. Rating 5 out of 5, Mar 2015.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (WA015) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 7
2 to 3
up to 2
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Karen on 01348 831781 or 07786 266248, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
The self catering eco friendly holiday accommodation available:
Disabled accessible holidays in Wales
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
Click below for up to date availability
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday cottage.