Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages, Pembrokeshire coast, Cardigan Bay, Wales
Shared idoor heated swimming pool onsite for the family to enjoy
Join in with the animal feeding at Croft Farm cottages
The Cartwheel sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms with super kitchen
Talar Aur sleeps 6 + cot in 4 bedrooms popular with large groups
The Farmhouse sleeps 6 + cot in 3 bedrooms with wood burning stove
The Dairy with 2 bedrooms and sleeps 4 in comfort
The Barn sleeps 7 + cot in 3 bedrooms, ideal for two families
The Granary sleeps 3 in 2 bedrooms, a cosy holiday cottage
The Hayloft sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms
The Stable sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms, south facing cottage
Perfect play barn for toddlers to enjoy on holiday
Ideal family holiday cottages near the beach
croft farm & celtic cottages, pembrokeshire coast, cardigan, wales
- Child friendly farm holidays at Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages in Pembrokeshire, West Wales: Taking the stress out of self-catering holidays for young and older families alike. Wouldn't it be nice to arrive at your 4* or 5* rated luxury holiday cottage and feel all the stresses and strains of daily life, slipping away? We're here to make that happen, to help you unwind, while your children discover the joys of whooping, playing and meeting new friends. The holiday cottages have 2, 3 or 4 bedrooms and sleep between 2 and 7. Larger groups can enjoy a holiday together in Croft House (click here for more information)
- Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages is set in open green fields just 4 miles from the beautiful, little-discovered beaches and bays of Pembrokeshire, Cardigan Bay and the stunning West Wales coastline. The Blue Flag beach of Poppit Sands is just a short hop from Croft Farm too. Here there's a mile of sandy beach at low tide and a long bank of sand dunes offering shelter from coastal breezes, making it the perfect place to play. It's farm holidays for children but with spotless, luxury self-catering cottages (you won't have to clean the kitchen before you start) and a private Leisure Complex with soft play area. Over 25 years we've come to know what our families like:
- Two of the cottages now have private garden hot tubs - click here for Croft House (sleeps 12) or Meadow Cottage (3 beds)
- Daily freshly cooked bread and meal deliveries are available to order and delivered to your door.
- Log burning stoves in most of the cosy cottages.
- Heated indoor swimming pool with shallow end - sauna & gym and massage therapies.
- Daily animal feeding – Billy and Dave the goats, Jessie and Eeyore the donkeys, kune kune pigs, pets corner and egg collecting.
- While toddlers have fun in the soft play area the baby sitters can enjoy a game of pool or snooker.
- The Big Play Barn with toddler ride-on vehicles, sand pit, play house, play shop and garage and air hockey, table tennis & table football.
- Adventure playground with slides, swings, wooden adventure park, climbing frame, full size footie goals and a farm walk.
- Lots of space where you can truly relax and re-discover yourselves.
- Some cottages are dog friendly, please ask.
- On arrival you'll find the cottages all made up and ready for you to use. Put the kettle on and relax with a cuppa before you even think of tackling the unpacking. In your cottage you get:
- Welcome Tray with local mead, Welsh cakes, jug of milk and fair trade teas and coffees.
- Fitted kitchen with gas hob and oven, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher.
- DVD & Freeview flat screen digital TV; wall mounted bedroom TV in each cottage with 3 or 4 bedrooms; free Wi-Fi in each cottage; CD player & radio.
- Plastic crockery and cutlery for young children; stairgates, high chair and travel cot on request.
- Communal laundry facilities.
- The Barn (sleeps 7 + cot in 3 bedrooms): is particularly popular with extended family groups as it has 2 double rooms, one en-suite. The other double room also has a single bed, perfect for settling any night time waking and a TV (you can switch on CBeebies without getting out of bed). The twin loft bedroom is prized by our younger guests with its low ceilings and roof light. A stair gate is fitted. There is a ground floor family bathroom.
- The Farmhouse (sleeps 6 + cot in 3 bedrooms): Enjoy the high beamed ceilings in the private wing of the nineteenth century farm house. Upstairs is the double room with king size bed and en-suite corner bath. Downstairs there's a twin room and one room with bunk beds (modern shower room). The Farmhouse has lots of character with a cosy log burner in an inglenook . The garden is private and partially enclosed.
- Talar Aur (sleeps 6 + cot in 4 bedrooms): This upside down house with light and airy living areas upstairs, makes the most of views out to the Preseli Hills. All the bedrooms are on the ground floor: One kingsize bed with en-suite shower room, one twin which can become a zip-locked super-king and two single bedrooms. There is also a family bathroom with overhead shower. Talar Aur is popular for larger family groups getting together (we know you don't all come in even numbers). The two single rooms mean 'his sister' and 'your mother' can come along too.
- The Dairy (sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms): This cosy cottage, the former milking parlour, with wooden stairs leading to the loft den (or twin room) is popular with young families. The double bedroom is on the ground floor. Stone built, the cottage has exposed wooden beams, roughcast plaster walls and a wood burning stove on a Welsh slate hearth. The bathroom is downstairs with overhead power shower.
- The Stable (sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms): Facing south with a front lawn this cottage is perfect for anyone with mobility issues as all rooms are on ground level. An entrance porch, ideal for wellies, leads into the open plan sitting and dining room with exposed beams throughout. The kitchen is set back from the open plan dining room through an archway. There is one double room and one room with bunk beds. The cottage has a ground floor family bathroom with overhead power shower.
- The Cartwheel (sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms): The former cart house is now a holiday cottage for four. In the kitchen, in place of the original opening for the horse drawn carts, there is a large picture window. Warm and cosy with a log burner in the living room, this cottage is all on one floor, making it ideal for toddlers. This cottage has one double and one room with 3' bunk beds. The Hayloft is above and the two are often booked together for large group family holidays. The cottage has a ground floor family bathroom with overhead power shower.
- The Hayloft (sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms): Sleep in a converted hayloft and look out over West Wales', green and gentle farm land. This in an upstairs holiday cottage with an outside slate staircase that takes you to the converted loft space which still has the original beams. Enjoy the rural views after an Autumnal blast on nearby Poppit Sands Beach. There is one double room and one twin room and the bathroom has a bath with overhead power shower.
- The Granary (sleeps 3 in 2 bedrooms): This cosy cottage, all on one floor, is perfect for three. One double bedroom and one single are close to the open plan kitchen come sitting room. A family bathroom with power shower over the bath makes this a very comfortable cottage. The roughcast plaster walls, high ceilings and exposed beams with patio doors leading out to the garden, give this snug cottage an airy and light feeling.
- There is one article from our holiday blog that you might find useful as it holds lots of information about where to visit & what to do in Pembrokeshire - Is Pembrokeshire the secret family holiday destination in the UK that we have all missed? Perhaps it is not so secret now but certainly it is a great alternative to Cornwall - find out why. Family holidays in Pembrokeshire are hard to beat- there is something for everyone. Oakwood theme park, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Blue Lagoon at Bluestone, Folly Farm, Caldey Island ... are you hooked yet? Then read on ...
- Click here to check availability of all Croft Farm & Celtic Holiday Cottages on Pembrokeshire Coast
- Please send us a review of these self catering farm cottages in Pembrokeshire Wales by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 6 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 5 out of 5
- Andy and Sylvie could not do enough for their guests. Knowing that I had a spinal disability they even put a brand new bed and mattress into the cottage we were staying at. Their attention to detail and what they do for the children is simply outstanding, you will not find a better place to stay. The place is ideally situated with lots to do not far away. If you are looking for luxury accommodation, where the children are safe and entertained, with perfect hosts - then this is the place for you. Castledine family, Rating 5 out of 5, May 2014.
- Superb accommodation! I stayed in The Hayloft when I came for my Swimming Without Stress course. It was very clean and tidy, lovely decor, all mod cons and more, comfy bed, and very homely. Sylvie, Andy, and Charmain, were very friendly, helpful, and nothing was too much trouble for them.Loved the swimming pool area, with the changing facilities and showers.It is in a lovely and peaceful location and I bet its beautiful in summer.....I got a week with lots of rain, so I am hoping to come back in better weather! Thank you for a lovely stay and I will be back in 2013. Rating 5 out of 5, Andrea, Nov 2012.
- Absolutely amazing for young children. The swimming pool is lovely and warm, the kids wouldn't get off the trampolines, there was the indoor play barn and soft play area for rainy days. Feeding the animals was fun and my four-year-old's treat was a fresh egg picked himself from the hen house. The cottages are lovely and the family really friendly and helpful. We've been two years in a row and would all love to go again. Maroussia & Lionel, Martin (4), GaÃ«lle (2), Claire (4 months). Rating 5 out of 5, Maroussia, Sept 2012.
- We had a fantastic family holiday here at Croft Farm - our only problem was that we only booked one week instead of two! I think holidays with kids are all about keeping them occupied and happy I think, and if mum and dad enjoy it all the better! Croft Farm does this and more - we all loved it. From animal feeding, to great play areas, indoors and outdoors, from a swimming pool and a gym to a bar-b-q area. Not to mention the accommodation was immaculate and everything a family could need was there. We also had plenty to do in the area every single day and never traveled more than an hour away for an activity to do. In fact most days out were very close by! We'll be back :) Rating 5 out of 5, Katherine, Jul 2012
- Superb quality accommodation, immaculately clean. 2 bedroom property on a site with 6 or 7 other cottages. Lovely indoor pool, animal feeding with the farmer every morning and an indoor play barn for the children with little tractors and ride-ons etc. Really close to plenty of other things to do.... beaches & coves, lovely villages and plenty of cafes. We will definitely be back! Rating 5 out of 5, Julie, Feb 2012.
- We had a fabulous stay on the farm, feeding the animals and making new friends. It was great for everyone to chip in and had a more big family feel that just a group of cottages. The owners and staff provided a high level of customer service, providing for needs and helpful advise. The cottages and shared facilities were clean and respresented excellent value for money. Lots to do in local area and good links to south wales. Looking forward to our trip next year! Rating 5 out of 5, Francesca, Aug 2011
- We spent half term week there staying in the Cartwheel with our three daughters, aged 5,4 and 2. The place was a real hit and Hermione spent the whole leaving day sobbing away. As everyone says, the place is immaculate and the service provided was amazing. Animal feeding in the morning was a hit and allows you to chat with some of the other parents, usually followed by an hour in the play barn. The pool is lovely and even though all the cottages were taken it never feels like that. Poppit sands is lovely, also recommend Penbryn (walk to beach through woods) and Llangranog. Slightly further afield Aberaeron is really worth a look. Thanks to all, will be back! Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- My husband and I struggled to find a 'relaxing' holiday with an 11 month old but this holiday was just that. We stayed in The Stable for 7 night and it worked really well. The cottage was clean, warm and extremely homely. The only thing missing, and it really is a minor point, was a retractable baby gate across the opening to the kitchen. It wasn't too much of an issue, as he would never leave our son unsupervised. The cottage was bright, spacious, well finished and the bed was very comfortable. We took part in the animal feeding at 9.30am, used the large barn with outdoor toys in it (so the weather didn't matter), played pool while our son played I the soft play area and used the swimming pool most days. I think all the cottages were occupied but it really didn't feel like that at all. The washing machines and tumble dryers were grately appricated. The location of the farm is great for days out and we visited a local nature reserve, Tenby and travelled on a steam train. Nothing is too much trouble and the friendly approachable attitude of the staff and owners really went towards our relaxing holiday. We will be going back! Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- What can I say that has not already been said about this wonderful place! We stayed in Talur Aur with friends. It is a lovely spacious 'upside' down cottage & is equipped with everything you could possibly need. The rooms in this cottage allow for different groups to stay together i.e.singles,twin & double room, which is great. You get lovely views from the lounge & kitchen upstairs. The main reason we booked to stay here was the child friendly focus it is known for. We have two toddlers and their every need was met, whether the sun was out or not. The indoor pool, play barn, outdoor play area and best of all the animal, feeding/petting each morning. There is plenty to see and do if you want to explore or if you don't want to venture far, Poppit Sands is a lovely beach, just down the road. We'd also recommend Fforest Pizza Tipi in Cardigan for lunch on a Fri/Sat (it is only open these two days). We would definitely return & recommend to friends. Sylvie, thank you again for your kindness. Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Just returned from a wonderful week at Croft Farm with our 5-year old daughter. She had amazing fun, and Mum & Dad had a chance to relax and enjoy life. We stayed in The Granary, which was perfect for the 3 of us. Lovely and quiet, with wi-fi, TV, good kitchen and BBQ garden. Nice firm mattress too, so we slept well ! The whole set-up was brilliant - from ease of booking, to emails from Andy and Sylvie to being greeted on arrival. Package holiday rubbish this is not ! Every day starts at a perfectly reasonable hour at 09:30 with feeding of the animals - such good fun for the kids, all of whom make friends with each other during the week. The farm is so well-looked after and obviously cared for. My favourites were the pot-bellied pigs, but my daughter fell in love with the 9-week old rabbits. After feeding, many of us headed over to the play barn for the kids to run around making lots of noise and the adults to have a cuppa and play table-tennis. Then we might make it down to the local beach - Poppit Sands - probably one of the top 3 beaches I have ever been too. Even if the weather is a bit Welsh you can stay at the farm as the indoor swimming pool is just fantastic. I even used the gym a few times and the sauna is great too. Such thought has gone into the place and it's well looked after and maintained. Local knowledge from Andy and Sylvie is great - wonderful fish and chips at Bowens in St. Dogs and great outdoor pizza in Cardigan at Pizza Tipi. We will definitely return. Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Perfect holiday place to stay with the family. We stayed in Tatar Aur which was perfect. Incredibly clean and well-equipped. The swimming pool was fabulous for the children with warm water and spotless facilities.there were a lot of other things for the young grandchildren to do, such as an indoor play barn , outdoor play area, soft indoor play, as well as feeding the very friendly farm animals. There is also table tennis ,air hockey, table football and pool table for the older ones, and adults. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Just returned from a week in The Dairy (early July) with our 2 boys, aged 8 months and 2. Can't fault anything - the cottage was well equipped for the kids (stair gate, high chair, step etc all provided) and there was plenty to keep them happy on site whether it be the daily animal feed and egg collecting in the morning, the indoor pool or the play barn. Even on rainy days, you never felt the need to go elsewhere and on the better days it is really well located for good nearby beaches at Poppit and Mwnt in particular. The staff and family are extremely welcoming and accommodating and our eldest loved making friends and having the time and freedom to gain confidence in the pool. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to any young family - the facilities on site are invaluable if you don't strike lucky with the weather. Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- We stayed for 6 nights in the Dairy with our two youngest boys aged 2 and 4. From the moment we arrived ( after a two day journey from Scotland!) we were made to feel so welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. The whole site is incredibly clean. The leisure facilities in particular are really impressive. It's difficult to keep swimming pools clean but somehow they manage to keep this one pristine! The accommodation is incredibly well appointed. We ordered food from Y Popty Gwyn so didn't really need to cook much but it seemed that everything you might need was there. The boys enjoyed the early morning animal feeding and were particularly excited about collecting, and later eating, eggs from the chickens. The accommodation might seem quite expensive but in our opinion is worth every penny. If the journey wasn't quite so long for us we would probably spend every holiday here. Rating 5 out of 5, Apr 2015.
- We stayed in Talah Aur. The purpose of our visit to Cardigan was for a local coastal trail marathon run so we extended this to make a long weekend family trip at the cottages. Good layout for little ones (we were 2 families with one 17 month old and one 3 year old). Modern, clean interior. Well equipped kitchen. Helpful features such as control over central heating. Quiet surroundings. Brilliant swimming pool. Kids loved the indoor play barn with ride-ons as well as morning animal feeding. We also used Clare from The Therapy Rooms for a massage who was great. Only issue was the cottage wifi which was down for the weekend due to a ISP problem. Only suggestion would be a DVD library for children and grown-ups and a toy box for the cottages when children stay. Will definitely come again. Rating 4 out of 5, May 2015.
- Arrived at Croft Farm and Celtic Cottages after a long journey from West Sussex wow what a welcome from Charmaine helping us with directions after getting a bit lost and then help with luggage to our cottage The Granary tea lovely scones and bottle of mead fresh flowers all ready for us the cleanliness is second to none the little courtyard the farm with all the animals although it was only myself and daughter excellent for children the play areas the animals which we loved and fed each day especially Sooty the farm cat who adopted us for the week beautiful places to go I also did a swimming course with Ian and Cheryl the pool is great and the gym and all the facilities the owners Andrew and Sylvia and Charmaine are all lovely nothing is to much trouble and we will certainly be returning there in the future so if you want to visit Wales this is the place to go I can't recommend it highly enough be it just a couple or a family with children thank you all for a brilliant holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, Apr 2015.
- We stayed in The Granary cottage - this was in the week after half-term in February, so it was quiet. We had the pool almost entirely to ourselves - this is clean, warm and modern. Perfect for when the Pembrokeshire weather was more challenging. My daughter is 2 and she loved the play areas - sure bigger kids would like them even more. For her the highlight was feeding the animals in the morning. It was our first time in Pembrokeshire - will need to come back for a longer break. The area sells itself as 'Cornwall 20 years ago' - i.e. before the crowds and hooray henrys came. That's true - lots of space and amazing beaches. Tenby and Folly Farm are well worth a visit - if you get a wet day, Folly Farm is a great and affordable place to take the kids. Final tip - If you go to Folly Farm, listen to your wife and don't take your two year old down the pitch-black slide. Rating 5 out of 5, Feb 2015.
- Our second stay, we visited for the first time in February 2014 - we don't normally do return visits but, couldn't get back here soon enough! This place is run by a wonderful family who have children of their own and make it a holiday to remember for every child that visits - our 2 year old son loves this place!! Rambles from play barn, swimming, animal feeding, outdoor play!!...he announced this time ' do we need to go home?, I love my holiday home here!' The animal feeding runs every morning and is really hands on and a lovely experience for children, with all the animals accessible through out your stay if the children want to visit them again later in the day. Soft play and play barn are great for a rainy day and the swimming pool is perfect too. Can't recommend this place highly enough...don't hesitate to book. The owners really enjoy seeing children happy and enjoying their holiday which makes it a very relaxing stay for the adults!! Rating 5 out of 5, Dec 2014.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (WA025) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 7 + cot
2 to 4
up to 2
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Reception on 01239 615179, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
The self catering family holiday cottages available are as follows:
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these self catering family holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire.