Lane Cottage, Powys, mid Wales with 5 bedrooms
Wow! Now that's what I call a luxury holiday cottage!
Stunning kitchen, perfect for self catering
A second snug, perfect for the children to hang out
Luxurious master bedroom en suite & dressing room
A second double bedroom, one of five in total
Twin bedroom, perfect for children
Enjoy the views from your own terrace
Wet room in this disabled accessible cottage
Enclosed garden for either the kids or dogs to run around
Now just look at that stunning countryside you could be enjoying
Perfect countryside holiday cottage in Powys, mid Wales
lane holiday cottage, llanyre, llandrindod wells, powys, mid wales
- Stylishly renovated, spacious and well-equipped, 5 bedroom Lane Cottage enjoys panoramic views and a secluded rural setting yet lies near the Victorian spa town of Llandrindod Wells (2.5 miles), fishing in the Elan Valley, Rhayader’s spectacular Red Kite (daily) feeding station and Hay on Wye. The area is superb for walking, mountain biking and birdwatching, with play barns, adventure parks, cycle hire and riding close by. Cardigan Bay’s dolphins, Aberdovey and Cardiff are within day trips. Decorations and tree are provided for Christmas and New Year bookings. A village shop and pub are just 1.5 miles away if you don't fancy self catering all of the time. Pet friendly holiday cottage in Mid Wales.
- Lower ground floor: 2 double bedrooms, one with en suite wet room and toilet that could be suitable for disabled guests. Please call us on 0345 498 6602 to make sure we can meet your requirements. Second bedroom with living/dining area and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath and toilet. Ground floor: Living/dining room/kitchen with beams. Second living room with sofa bed (for alternative sleeping only). 3 bedrooms: 1 double, 2 twin. Bathroom with toilet. Two steps up to bathroom and toilet.
- Facilities at this holiday cottage: Woodburner in living room included. Underfloor Central Heating, electricity, bed linen and towels included. Two Freeview TVs. CD. Microwave. Washing machine. Tumble dryer. Dishwasher. Freezer. Garden with terrace, patio and furniture. Parking. No smoking. Easy walking access. Weekly holiday bookings are from Friday to Friday however short breaks are also available from Mon-Fri or Fri-Mon.
- Note from the website editor: Please telephone my partners in advance of booking to discuss your full requirements if you require disabled accessible holiday accommodation - this might just suit your needs if you have limited mobility like me! 0345 498 6602
- Welcome to the heart of Wales, a wild land of high mountains, dramatic river valleys, isolated hamlets and small farmsteads. We have a wide choice of holiday cottages in Powys from which to explore this peaceful, unspoilt countryside.
- The Elan Valley is a spectacular chain of artificial lakes created to supply water to Birmingham. Its massive dams have a Victorian grandeur that makes them worthy of a visit in their own right, while the remote countryside is a haven for wildlife. The Brecon Beacons, comprising no less than four mountain ranges, are also within easy reach of our holiday cottages in Powys. The landscape here varies from open country to limestone gorges and is ideal for fishing, ponytrekking, caving and walking.
- In contrast, there’s Hay-on-Wye, famous for its annual literary festival and with more than 30 bookshops to browse. The leafy Wye Valley offers some stunning scenery and is a favourite with walkers. Or why not step back in time at the Victorian spa town of Llandrindod Wells. The Victorian festival here sees the residents donning period costume to celebrate their 19th century heyday.
- Please send us a review of this self catering cottage in Powys mid Wales by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 6 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.8 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 4 out of 5
- Lane Cottage is a very well equipped, comfortable cottage well suited to a larger group. The large kitchen, dining and lounge area with wood burning stove is ideal for the evenings. As four couples we all liked the four bedroom areas each with their own bathroom. Having the TV separate from the main lounge would also suit family groups who want talk while perhaps the younger generation want catch up with their favorite soaps. The standard of whole house and especially the kitchen and all appliances is higher than in most cottages. The owner was very helpful and came over to show us how everything worked. John, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- The holiday home was well kitted out, only item we did not find was a pizza cutter which we would have needed 1 evening, it was a long way to travel to find any entertainment venue's, although advertized with internet, (which was 1 reason why we booked) this was VERY SLOW less than 1mb, and almost every afternoon the lights would be flashing on the router telling us NO INTERNET CONNECTION. At our own houses we all have fiber with a connection speed of above 30mb. Malcolm, Rating 4 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Lane cottage was beautiful. The whole family really enjoyed our stay and would definitely like to go back. Leeanne, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Lovely cottage. Only problem was the front lawn could have been fenced better to stop children being able to go to road. Though back lawn was fenced well for children. Very clean, lovely welcome from owners. Five star ***** Kathryn, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- We all had an amazing weekend. Thank you! Holly, Rating 5 out of 5, Mar 2015.
- Perfect venue for a family gathering. Warm and cosy. very well equipped. Lovely cake and flowers to welcome us. Clare, Rating 5 out of 5, Mar 2015.
- Lovely cottage set on its own in the Welsh countryside. Lots of room for the 8 of us who stayed. Lovely log fire to keep you warm on the cold nights. Lots of space outside for the kids to play. Lovely fruit cake left for us by the owners was a nice touch too
- Absolutely fantastic place for a large family - many extras, beautiful paintings (by the lady owner) welcoming iced cake!! Cupboards full of spices sauces biscuits, fridge full of fresh eggs, milk, bread, butter etc. Owner a real gentleman!
- The location is wonderful and also the facilities provided such as the large kitchen area, the Aga cooker and the extensive provision of culinary equipment are superb. Furthermore, the owner Mr Gibson-Watt was very helpful and hospitable.
- Fantastic location. Beautiful cottage that is well equipped. Very friendly helpful owners who keep their nose out but are available if needed. Would recommend to anyone
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (WA002) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm|