Penrhos Holiday Park on the west coast of Wales
Our luxury holiday lodges have private hot tubs
Onsite 18 hole golf course, 9 hole course & driving range
Small indoor heated swimming pool, perfect for the kids
Luxury holiday lodge & caravan accommodation at the park
Osprey VIP Lodge sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, private hot tub
Kestrel VIP Holiday Lodge sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, private hot tub
Falcon Lodge sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
Caravan holiday accommodation at Penrhos Park too
Playground & plenty of space for the kids to play on holiday
Bar & restaurant onsite if you don't fancy self catering
Penrhos Park, Aberystwyth, west Wales coast
penrhos park, aberystwyth, cardiganshire, west wales coast
- Penrhos Park is located in the scenic Wyre Valley, just one and a half miles from the nearest beach on the West Wales coast. Nestled not far from the beautiful Cardigan Bay coastline, the longest bay in Wales, with its numerous beaches and unique marine life, the location provides an unforgettable experience for wildlife lovers. From the bay it is sometimes possible to see bottlenose dolphins, porpoises, and Atlantic grey seals. Inland, Penrhos Park is only 9 miles south of Aberystwyth, and within driving distance of Snowdonia national park. This is a relatively small park, in a stunning location, ideal for families particularly if one or more of you love golf!
- Penrhos Park itself is a collection of 2-3 bed self-catering caravans and wooden chalet-style lodges providing modern, airy, comfortable accommodation. Great for all the family, the use of the leisure centre with a wide range of activities including a superb indoor swimming pool, gym, steam room, sauna and solarium, provide the ultimate chance for relaxation. There are two comfortable bars, one for adults only. The onsite Penrhos Bistro offers an excellent selection of fresh local produce. For keen golfers and beginners alike, there is an 18 hole golf course within the park to wile away the hours.
- Penrhos Park offers accommodation in a peaceful family friendly setting, having a wide range of activities and amenities onsite, all whilst being within reaching distance of some spectacular landscapes and beaches.
- Onsite activities at this family friendly holiday accommodation on the West Wales Coast includes: Indoor heated pool and gym; Pool tables; 18 hole golf course (weekly ticket £100pp); Golf open week (Aug 4-11 Aug); Driving range; Bowling green; 9 hole par 3 and par 4 course; Tennis courts; Spa pool, sauna, steam room and solarium; Penrhos Bistro (Clubhouse); Bars; Games room; Crazy golf & Launderette
- Private outdoor hot tub (Kestrel and Osprey VIP)
- Flat screen TV with freeview plus DVD/CD player (Kestrel and Osprey VIP). TV (all others)
- Kitchen including microwave, washing machine and dishwasher (Kestrel and Osprey VIP)
- Double glazed and centrally heated (Kestrel VIP, Osprey VIP, Eagle Gold and Red Kite Gold))
- Bed linen and duvets
- Gas and electricity included
- Babies must be included in party total
- Travel cots and highchairs £10pw each
- No all-male, all-female or mixed groups under 25
- Pets £25pw each (max 1) (in specific Eagle)
- Eagle Caravan (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, pet friendly): Luxury caravan with one double and one twin. Eagle Gold Caravan (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Luxury caravan with one double and one twin. Double glazed and centrally heated throughout. No pets. Eagle Gold Premier Caravan (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Luxury caravan with one double and one twin. Shower. Open plan living area with doors leading out to decking with views overlooking the fairway. Garden furniture. No pets.
- Red Kite Caravan (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Luxury caravan with one double and two twin.Red Kite Gold Caravan (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Luxury caravan with one double and two twin. Double glazed and centrally heated throughout. No pets
- Kestrel VIP Holiday Lodge (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, private hot tub): Outstanding and luxurious, two storey Scandinavian style real log cabin. Ground floor: Spacious open plan living space with kitchen/dining area and lounge leading to decking with patio furniture and outdoor hot tub. Shower. Flat screen TV/DVD. Dishwasher and washing machine. First floor: Master double with ensuite bathroom and one twin with ensuite WC. Towels included. No pets.
- Osprey VIP Lodge (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, private hot tub): Outstanding and luxurious, two storey Scandinavian style real log cabin. Ground floor: One twin. Shower. Spacious open plan living space with kitchen/dining area and lounge leading out to decking with patio furniture and outdoor hot tub. Flat screen TV/DVD. Dishwasher and washing machine. First floor: Master double with ensuite bathroom and one twin with ensuite WC. Towels included. No pets.
- Falcon Lodge (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Luxury lodge with one double with ensuite shower and one twin. Shower. Towels included. Contemporary living space with open plan kitchen/dining area with dishwasher. Flat screen TV/DVD. Patio doors leading to decking with patio furniture. No pets.
- A nature lovers’ paradise, with fabulous beaches and spectacular coastal scenery, the long sweep of Cardigan Bay is the ultimate attraction for anyone staying at our holiday lodges in Ceredigion. Bottlenose dolphins, the Bay’s most notable residents, are regularly sighted offshore. Take a wildlife boat trip from New Quay and you’ll almost certainly spot grey seals and porpoises as well – an unforgettable highlight of lodge holidays in Ceredigion.
- With Red kites soaring above and glorious views at every turn, walkers and bird watchers staying at our holiday lodges in Ceredigion will be drawn to the coastal path, but there are charming seaside towns to explore too. Aberystwyth is a place of proud records. Not only does it boast a fine Victorian promenade and the longest cliff railway in the world, but also, at its summit, the world’s largest camera obscura. While here, be sure to take a scenic ride on the Rheidol narrow gauge steam railway to Devil’s Bridge and you’ll find the famous Mynach Falls and Jacob’s Ladder within walking distance. Aberaeron’s Georgian harbour and gaily painted houses are a delight and Cardigan is home to a superb indoor market for local produce and crafts.
- Please send us a review of this holiday accommodation in west Wales by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 9 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.6 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 4 out of 5
- I love going to this place I go every year its my favourite holiday destination. The Owners are brilliant and very kind and helpful. Can not wait to go back there next year. I would recommend this place to everyone. Rachel, Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015
- A lovely, peaceful holiday park in beautiful surroundings. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our caravan was comfortable, spacious and well equipped. Facilities included a small leisure club on site which we made use of and found to be clean and well maintained. Karen, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- On site facilities good with restaurant, pool and gym. Changing rooms could do with a bit of a revamp. Gym small but has some good equipment and pool clean. My daughter loved the onsite playpark. A lovely area with some nice country views, short drive to lovely beaches with something for all e.g quiet new quay for dolphin spotting or a busier town like Aberystwyth for amusements and shopping. Lovely stay and would definitely return. Sally, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015
- Lovely park and within easy reach of places of interest. Well kept park with great views. Enjoyed seeing the red kites flying overhead. We went to Fantasy Farm with our 18 month old, which is only a couple of miles down the road, and he loved it! Would have been a 10 if there had been a shop on site. Gill, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015
- Great location with fabulous range of facilities we recommend having Sunday lunch and a 'Full Welsh' breakfast at the club house. Staff were very helpful and the small games arcade kept the kids happy for short periods. The walks we took arround the golf course and to the beech were safe and away from traffic on country roads. Great to relax in the hot tub after a day exploring. Colin, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015
- This was our 5th visit, we love the place, normally stay in a log cabin, but we took our son for his birthday, he has a puppy so we needed acommadation that took dogs, the men like the golf course so we will be back again and again. the staff are really nice and the food in the club house is good value. Julie, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Penrhos is set in a central location, ideal for exploring mid and west Wales. It has beautiful mountain views. The park felt small, quiet and safe enough to give our child a little free rein to go out and play in the park and make new friends. The pool and spa area was lovely. I think one thing the park could do to improve the holiday experience would be to offer entertainment a few times a week. We enjoyed using the pool and park in the evening but it would have been nice to have something to go out for once or twice too. Clare, Rating 4 out of 5, May 2015
- We stayed in a Falcon lodge. It was modern, clean, comfortable and had everything that we needed for cooking etc. The park itself was lovely, surrounded by mountains, though right next to a busy road and traffic could be heard from our lodge. We didn't mind too much though, as the red kites flying over our lodge made up for it! The pool was ok, though the changing room was tiny and not the cleanest. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only negative experience was on our last night when we went to the pool and were told a child had had an 'accident' and they were just fishing it out, could we wait ten minutes. I was a bit shocked that they didn't close the pool (it was about 7pm) and treat it chemically. Location wise we were between Aberystwyth and Abereiron so did day trips to both, also New Quay. The kids had a great time, and we would all love to return, probably staying in a Falcon lodge again. The prices are a bit steep though, especially during the summer holidays. Sarah, Rating 4 out of 5, Apr 2015
- This was a fantastic lodge one of the best we have stayed in. Food and staff at the restaurant fabulous. Daughter loved the pool. Amazing holiday thank you. Have recommended to friends and family. Helen, Rating 5 out of 5, Apr 2015
- We have stayed at Penrhos on a few occasions and cannot fault the self catering accomodation. The lodge was lovely and cozy. We will be looking forward to a return stay soon. Christine. Rating 4.5 out of 5, Nov 2015
- Wonderful holiday park for the family, we've visited many times and never been disappointed, the leisure facilities are fab. Ceri, Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Lodges very well-equipped and comfortable and hot tub great. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Changing rooms could do with an update. Overall a decent place to stay. Rating 4 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- It was a special holiday for a birthday so we spent more than we usually do. The chalet was lovely ,surroundings fantastic, great facilities and staff pleasant and efficient. We also took golf lessons which was great. Nathalie, Rating 4 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- We loved every minute. Excellent views to wake up to each day. The park was so peaceful. For golf enthusiasts it couldn't get much better. They have an 18 hole course you can use. The swimming pool, sauna and steam room were our favourite relaxation zones. The clubhouse is a sports bar and the food they serve is not only good quality but excellent value too. We did go out of season (October) and as such there was not much for children other than a small play area (bonus for us though). Only one thing I would suggest is that you take a good touch as lighting around the park at night is not very good and for children I'd consider it quite dangerous. David, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- A real home from home. Caravan we stayed in was spotlessly clean and must be one of the warmest we have stayed in. Fantastic park surrounding and clean. The food served in the clubhouse was fantastic value for money and great choice! The only downside was we had to come home.....we will be back! Kathleen, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Another excellent break, lodge exactly the same as last year, facilities and comfort in the lodge great. location of the lodge and park excellent for peace and quiet and for exploring the coast. Steven, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015
- Stayed in the Falcon Lodge. Ideal when staying with an 8 yr old as it was situated right by the park. The park was very well kept. Facilities were clean and tidy. Lodge was spotless. Ideal if you are looking for a quiet peaceful break away. We will be returning. Nicola, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Excellent location. The park itself is quiet, with plenty of wildlife in the area: a perfect place for a peaceful get away. Sandwiched between Aberystwyth and aberaeron, there are miles of coastlines and seaside towns to explore. I would recommend poppit sands (about 45mins drive) as a great day trip for walkers, beach lovers, and rock fishers alike. Can't wait to come back again! Samantha, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015
- Great park, beautiful location. All the family enjoyed using the facilities. Falcon Lodge was spacious and comfortable. Well located to explore the Cardiganshire Coast in the South and Snowdonia in the North all of which was beautiful. Had a great holiday. Mary, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015
- What a nice and quiet site. The kids loved the play park and of course the swimming pool. The staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. We ate in the club house the last night and the food was very good. Would stay there again without a doubt. Simon, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015
- A great place to stay and a great lodge. Very disappointed that the WIFI didn't reach to the lodge on the edge of the caravan park. Good bar for meals and lovely swimming pool. None of the usual complementary welcome tea or dishwasher tabs was a disappointment but not a deal breaker. Would stay again. Neil, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015
- Handy location, nice little park. Based around golfing facilities, although there is a pool and a small outdoor play area for us non-golfers. Otherwise a touch limited with facilities but there are little shops very nearby. Takeaway option from the clubhouse was useful for us having a very young family. Kat, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015
- We stayed in the Kestrel VIP and it was lovely. We made full use of all the facilities and we would recommend staying at Penrhos. All the staff were really friendly. Beautiful setting. Hot tub amazing. We would definately return. Holly, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015
- We stayed in the Osprey 1 for 5 nights. The accommodation was lovely, very clean and just what we expected. The hot tub was an added bonus!! The only negative which can't be helped due to nature is the amount of bird droppings on the decking front and back as the lodge had around three to four nests. Not the parks fault, just remember to wear shoes when venturing out at night to the hot tub!! The park itself is very peaceful and tidy. The staff smiley from what we saw of them as we didn't venture to the club much, only to use the pool and sauna/steam rooms. Overall a nice relaxing holiday, the lack of internet signal made our teenage daughter spend time with us resulting in some much needed family time :) Vicky, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015
- A quiet site. Osprey lodge was very clean and spacious. Hot tub a great bonus . Only minus weak and intermittent wifi and phone signal. Lots of things to do for day trips 3 adults and 2 children (10 and 14). Would recommend this venue 100%. Sue, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015
- Great holiday. Its a great location, close to a lot of beaches. The site was quiet, but the tennis courts, pool, golf and small park were enough to keep us occupied. Lisa, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015
- Really good stay.I have stayed here 9 times now and i'll be going again. Aberaeron is a lovely place just 7 miles away. Aberystwyth and Newquay too. Penrhos park is a wonderful place. David, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015
- Lovely clean organised park and surrounding area. We stayed in the basic caravan and it was so lovely I thought we'd been upgraded or mistake made as so big and had everything in. Staff were friendly, very helpful and polite. Definitely be back. Stephanie, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015
- Caravan exceptional, very clean, very well equipped. Surroundings great to watch the red kites soaring above was fabulous and to wake to the sound of sheep baaing beats traffic noise any day. Only improvement would have been table and chairs outside. Ellen, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jun 2015
- Our stay was absolutely idealic and peaceful...just what we needed; surrounded by rolling hills and grazing sheep, just what you expect in Wales. We didn't want to leave in the end, and the icing on the cake was the daily visit from a Red Kite just over our heads...beautiful! Sue, Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015
- Very beautiful area, Very clean and nice accommodation, great hot tub! No wi-fi, no phone reception, leisure facilities are quite outdated. Dilya, Rating 4 out of 5, Jun 2015
- If you like golf ,it's ideal. There's also on site a gym, swimming pool, bar and sauna. Well located for touring or walking the coast. Watching for Dolphin's and Seals can be done at New Quay Bay a couple of miles down the road. Well kept site and clean caravan's. Colin, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jun 2015
- The main road junction is a little dangerous coming out of the park but it is in a great location and very convenient for Aberystwyth where our daughter is at uni. The view across the valley was lovely and great to see the Red Kites which often flew around. Our son did use the driving range of the golf course and we ate in the club house a couple of times. The food was very good and it was nice to be able to have a drink as no one had to drive. Will very likely stay here again especially if there is more than two of us and it is out of the main school hols. Christine, Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015
- What better recommendation can we give than to say we booked another week in September! What fantastic accommodation and as always the golf course is wonderful. The 17th just keeps you coming back. Good luck to Martin newly appointed Director of Golf, and thanks to all the staff at Penrhos for making our holliday so special. Stuart & Jayne, Rating 5 out of 5, May 2015
- Lovely lodge with everything needed, like home from home. The hot tub went down a treat with my little boy! Our only negative comment is that there isn't a lot to do in the area but we knew this before booking and we normally just use the accommodation as a base with outgoings planned every day anyway (New Quay is a must by the way!). We had read reviews prior to booking and was a bit dubious about actually booking after seeing lots of negative comments but I have to say the lodge was lovely, park very clean and tidy and the staff were friendly. Sarah, Rating 4 out of 5, May 2015
- Good food served in on site golf club, no need to venture out. Park located in a lovely sun trapped valley. Close enough to the coast, pretty towns and villages for days out. A great break. Joanne, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Apr 2015
- The park is nicely spaced out so we didn't feel overcrowded, the private hot tub was wonderful. There is a good size swimming pool, we were spoilt with that as we were they only folks in it, the added attraction of the sauna and steam also to our selves was a bonus. The food in the club house was gorgeous. We had breakfast in there (which has to be pre-booked) and an evening meal which were well presented and of a high standard. Nina, Rating 5 out of 5, Feb 2015
- We have just returned from a weeks holiday at this site. The caravan was of the highest standard we have ever come across, far exceeding other sites. The facilities were excellent, in particular the pool and jacuzzi. We actually spent a full day on the site using all the various activities available. Our 5 year old daughter particularly liked the crazy golf and the dance machine, and we couldn't keep our 12 year old son off the pool table! We used the bar grill on a number of occasions to dine, and were impressed with the high quality of food served (although only a limited choice). The resident family of ducks even came to see us twice to eat our bread!
- Penrhos is set in peaceful surroundings yet only 9 miles from Aberyswyth and just a short cycle ride away from the beach. An ideal location for exploring the Cardigan coast and the hills of mid Wales including the beautiful Elan and Yswyth Valleys and not far for a day trip into the Snowdonia National Park. Just a stunning area if you like wild countryside.
- I would recommend this site to friends on the basis of value for money, very good price for the break during our children's school holidays
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (WA032) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
2 to 3
1 or 2
|Click to visit our partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm|